A Night In Memory Of Derrick Dalton (3 Viewers)

On September 29th Thread Pulls, Dinah Brand, Richer Than Astronauts and Little Beauties play live in Whelans at a tribute night for Derrick Dalton. The night marks the second anniversary of Derrick's death, and the posthumous release of two records, an LP by his solo project Aeromodeller and a 7” single by his band Crumb.

Derrick played in Hey Paulette and Mexican Pets before forming Crumb, who released the LP Evenings and Weekends in 2005. The new Crumb 7” Like Goodbye features two great pop songs (on red vinyl) that were completed by Dez Foley and Fiachra McCarthy from the band after Derrick's death. The Aeromodeller LP First Flight is an album of jangly guitar instrumentals that was recorded almost single-handedly by Derrick in his own recording studio in 2008. Copies of both records are included in the ticket price of €12 for everyone who comes along on the 29th. Both are split releases on YesBoyIceCream records and Disques Fridge.

Aside from the bands, there'll be DJs until 2am and a stall selling some of Derrick's other releases and screenprints of the Aeromodeller LP cover by Niall McCormack. Tickets are available now from Whelans WAV box office and tickets.ie.

All profits are being donated to Aware.

Stage times:

Dinah Brand 8.30-9.10
Thread Pulls 9.25-10.00
Richer Than Astronauts 10.15-10.50
(Dez and Fiachra of Crumb will be joining RTA for a couple of Crumb songs too)
Little Beauties 11.05-11.45
DJs 12.00-2.00

oh yes. get there early for dinah brand! they were bleedin class at the last ballroom.

I'm dying to see dinah Brand on the strength of that new tune they uppedlast wek..will defo try make this show...if I'm let.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wonderful article about Derrick, Laura and Julie on page 18 of The Irish Times magazine today.

thanks for the links boyos!

Don't anyone let on to buy a ticket when they haven't... I will find find out you know! and I will tell everyone. I need to raise many euros so full attendance would be really appreciated.

Over and out, thanks very much

I'm thinking more old school. Like going up to the door and saying "one please" and giving 12 pounds and going in.

I'm thinking more old school. Like going up to the door and saying "one please" and giving 12 pounds and going in.

As antiquated as this process may seem, I believe it is still honoured in situations where the gig has not sold out.

Must be.

Hugh is dead right, which is why my question should have been more along the lines of "is it close to being sold out or am I allright at chansin' it in at the door or wha?"

I'll refrain from being so economical with my questioning in the future. (insert appropriate new fangled emoticon here)

Yeah...its and old guy with no credit card thing innit...I'm stoked

and I'm so impressed someone is finally called Monchichi on here...I still have my monchichi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back