A message from Dubh (1 Viewer)

AlphaRelish said:
nothing egg_ i don't want to talk about any of this any more. get lorcanzo to explain it to you. no offence but it's hallowe'en and i'm in a good mood.
Far be from be to ruin your buzz
Man if everyone here would come out and say who they're pissed off with and why maybe we could make up our own minds and not be judging people based on vague insinuations of badness

it's not vague egg_. there was 'the pope'. a couple of people took on the character. one being lorcanzo. he said stuff about a few people in this guise instead of saying them in his lorcanzo guise. why? ask him. then when he found out people were pissed off, he blamed allen. that's actually what happened, you can ask the guy yourself. in this instance, lorcanzo was the vague one in not actually saying "IT'S MORELLO". come on fella, you can read what he said yourself... lorcanzo insinuated that morello made dubh sick and broke. and everyone screamed "OH MY GOD, WHAT ABOUT THE STARVING BABIES???" can we leave it at that? it's hallowe'en! i wants me monkey nuts!

egg_ said:
Far be from be to ruin your buzz
Man if everyone here would come out and say who they're pissed off with and why maybe we could make up our own minds and not be judging people based on vague insinuations of badness

If i was going to make up a fake Thumped persona I'd use it to dis everyone and everyone's band. That doesn't mean that I'd mean any of it. Do you know what I mean.

Good on ye Alex for sorting out the crap. I must say I didn't know what was goin on to be honest. I didn't hear any rumours except for when it was posted here on thumped. Even then it didn't seem to add up. Yeah, I think apologies from the culprit(s) is deserved. What was that Pope crap about too, reviewing bands? Or just bad mouthing bands for a while then owning up months later. I couldn't review Pope's band without laughing a bit.

egg_ said:
But Allen was The Pope for a few days, wasn't he?
And, more importantly, what was it The Pope did that was so bad?

That review was written by Kieran.

Seeing as noone else will do anything but tiptope around the rumours..

Alex did ye:

1/Give Dubh an advance as he was seriously strapped for cash, and actually charge him interest on it?

2/ Have him or let him work a full weekend without sleep to fix your MAC without any payment?

I talked to Dubh several times about how things were going with Morello, and at several times he seemed very upset and angry but would not go into it.

Even if the above is true, I don't think ye (Morello) can be blamed for Dubh's state. Dublin is a big town with lots of engineers/ producers competing for business and Dubh's arrival was always going to be a financial risk for him.

Either way I think you and Kieran need to talk when he gets back and the rest of us need to stop jumping on bandwagons without knowing the facts.

Unclealo said:
That review was written by Kieran.

Seeing as noone else will do anything but tiptope around the rumours..

Alex did ye:

1/Give Dubh an advance as he was seriously strapped for cash, and actually charge him interest on it?

2/ Have him or let him work a full weekend without sleep to fix your MAC without any payment?

I talked to Dubh several times about how things were going with Morello, and at several times he seemed very upset and angry but would not go into it.

Even if the above is true, I don't think ye (Morello) can be blamed for Dubh's state. Dublin is a big town with lots of engineers/ producers competing for business and Dubh's arrival was always going to be a financial risk for him.

Either way I think you and Kieran need to talk when he gets back and the rest of us need to stop jumping on bandwagons without knowing the facts.
Hi Al,

At least you have the balls to talk openly and I appreciate that.

To answer your questions:

Interest...?? What are we a fucking bank???? C'mon that's just silly, how could you even believe that?!?

We did give Dubh not one but MANY advances during the three months we worked at the album because he was broke, lost his wallet, etc. etc. and we never charged him any interest at all, this is the funniest story I ever heard :) well... in a sort of black humor way

First of all the computer crashed while Dubh was working with another band (Tokey can confirm) so Dubh offered to try and fix it, we didn't even ask him.

The fix did not take a whole weekend but maybe one day or two and definitely not "without sleep"!!

Then me and Dubh sat down and tried to figure out how to handle the situation.

We both agreed that a payment of 240 Euros (2 days at his normal rate) would have been too much, so we mutually agreed that we would give him a few quid (don't remember exactly how much) and then pay him a bonus at the end of the project.

Indeed eventually we gave him about 200 Euros + 50 or 100 (I don't remember) to pay for his flight change.

Dubh never told me not to be happy with this solution and as you can see by the note he left, he didn't look upset at all... I mean we went drinking and celebrating together and all that.... you were there at Foggy Dew by the way do you remember?

Where did you hear all this crap anyway???

Hi Alex. All cleared up so. I heard this from loads of different people (ten?). Yep, I remember the Foggy Dew.

I really think Lorcanzo needs to talk to you off line to sort out whatever the hell is going on.

Unclealo said:
Same here
Lookit, the most obvious explanation for all of this is that Dubh was feeling the pressure while he was here, for a variety of reasons - foreign country, no job security, wife in a different continent, etc etc. He may have been letting off a bit of steam and bitching about his work situation/his clients to his friends. That's no big deal, that's what everyone does, it's part of what friends are for. Then when things got bad for him, Kieran, being the best friend Dubh has here I'd guess, blames the work situation/clients that have been bitched about. That's what friends are for too, sticking up for you when you're down

Latex lizzie said:
..I'll fess up alex..anyway I've already talked about this with you and we cool right??

.....but the previous day

..I dont think this is the forum to name and shame people..but if a band wants support from their peers(and they know who they are) then the kind of shittyness displayed by them is gonna go a long way in making people think that they are cunts.

it was by all accounts not just the shitty experience with one band(although from all accounts I've heard it would be enough)
..GIMME A MOR GIMME AN ELL GIMME AN O.

satisfied. Everybody knows anyway so don't go giving me the grief now kids.
Kinda funny really..a certain some one always comes accross as butter wouldn't melt..well know yiz know better.

..that was part of the deal as I heard. (as it turned out no one else got to record there because morello were being such shits) allthough I believe a band not a million miles away snuck in and did a bit with him on the sly..
Naw I just took enough crap offa alex about this and that morals wise so I was trying to be good..it's all jsutr dribbled out.

..see the real news is that thumped is a gas place..most people dont give a feathering fart what goes on here..I mean I'm sure alex (when he reads this) wont give a cobblers well worn thumb about any of the opinions expressed here. I wouldn't. Howayiz all now.
..it's a classic and no mistake. Can't help fellin like I "upped the ante as it were. Ho hum. AS a previous poster said who cares now anyway.

Alex, I wouldn't be cool with this gimp for one second. He spends a day or more calling you and your band cunts, jumping on the bandwagon as usual, worse than anyone else without even knowing the facts. And then comes crawling back 'Are we cool?' , when it looks like everybody else is looking for a balance of facts. Latex (I'll say anything to fit in) Lizzie is the worst kind of two faced prick around. Does he irritate anyone else? Fuckin hell.

Lizzie: "Your a cunt, Your a cunt,Your a cunt,Your a cunt"

Lizzie next day: "Are we cool dude? You got my nice PM didn't you?"

What a bleedin Rim! !bog

Alex said:
So, where's everybody now???

150 posts to accuse us of stuff we didn't do and only 2 people have the gutts to say they were wrong?

You're a bunch of miserable twats
hold on a second - see below

nlgbbbblth said:
hmmm
I didn't know anything about this till I read this thread

then again I'm not in a band so how would I?

anyway - it's well out of order. !bog
making a comment on what has been presented to me as the facts is not the same as "accusing you of stuff you didn't do"

either way - these threads are like fucking riddles with all this innuendo crap although it has cleared up somewhat

anyway apologies to you if I jumped to the wrong conclusion -

Right. Enough.

It's like fucking Murder She Wrote.

By way of either flashback or divine interweb intervention, this story needs comments from Dubh and Kieran (Lorcanzo?).

Just to make it complete like.

Jesus. And they said Thumped never entertained!

Pass the popcorn. Buttery, mind.

or maybe this whole thread will turn out to be a wind-up
with Lorcanzo, Dubh and Alex having a laugh at our expense

and Hag being in on it as usual like that Pope/Uncleano bullshit

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back