A good Digital SLR to start with (1 Viewer)

How much was the camera?

the camera with the standard lens is £499 but this bundle was 639

CCANOCM205144243.jpg

yea - i'm still getting to grips with mine..

trying to relearn all the SLR stuff i learned in college..

I got one of these too and very happy with it.

However pete warned me that dslr photography was a slippery money pit and he was right. I want to replace the kit lens with a telephoto zoom.

I got one of these too and very happy with it.

However pete warned me that dslr photography was a slippery money pit and he was right. I want to replace the kit lens with a telephoto zoom.

Yeah, i found the same thing. But to be honest, I would stick to the kit lens for a while and try to understand the principles behind the various techniques of photography. I saw a 70-300 lens for 170 (2nd hand) in Cork a few days back and very tempted to get it. But i'm also thinking that a quick fixed lens would be a better option. I've also just got a hold of one of these:

MTL5B-775333.jpg

It could be a total piece of shit but there's nothing like the excitement of getting a roll of film back.

Yeah that would make good financial sense for me too.

It's very tempting to buy new fancy lenses but the danger is that you end up with 3-4 lenses and don't spend any significant time getting to know one inside out. I've had my kit lens for maybe a year now so am on the lookout for an addition to the kit.

hmmm but the 18-55 kit lens is widely regarded as being quite poor. I'm told the 50mm canon lens is a big improvement over it and thats not crazy money. 130 quid or so.

The newer kit lenses seem to be a good bit better than the older ones. Either way I wouldn't worry about them being too poor, especially if it's your first slr.

You should be able to get the 50mm for well under 100 euro.

50mm fixed lens all the way in my opinion ...

I got a 70-300mm with mine because it wa part of a bundle..

still not sure what the best things to do with it are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back