A bit of Swedish shoegaze? (1 Viewer)

indiecater

Website
www.indiecater.com
We at indiecater have just released an EP from Stockholm band South Ambulance. They like shoegaze and there are elements of it on the EP but there's also some melancholy pop included.

See what ya think anyway as the EP is streaming on our site and there's also a free download of the opener 'Dear Mutiny'. 6 songs in all and going for the same price as a clear plastic bag at Dublin airport.

the term doesn't really sell the music well does it? "this music will make you stare at your feet for a bit and sway." er...no thanks, i'd rather listen to some happy-bounce-wank.

You may dislike the term but shoegaze is still is a major influence - as Sigur Ros will testify.

What a roll call. MBV, Ride, Curve, Swervedriver, Slowdive, Chapterhouse, The Pale Saints, Lush and the Boo Radley's.

1875169.jpg

You fail, it's gaze man, not look. Hush puppies or high heels normally do the trick, try some 'Pearl' by Chapterhouse in the background and grow your fringe and you should be away.
i'd rather look at my shoes than listen to that music.
i think that's a solid win all round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back