A Bandcamp Waiving Fees Day Thread (1 Viewer)

Here, it's Bandcamp Friday tomorrow. Does anybody here have anything on there that they'd recommend? As in anything they'd like to self promote?

Here, it's Bandcamp Friday tomorrow. Does anybody here have anything on there that they'd recommend? As in anything they'd like to self promote?

Not self-promotion, but an interesting Irish tape label doing some intriguing, niche outer limits stuff. Does he post here? He's on ig anyway.

Releases artists from everywhere, but he releases some Irish artists too.

Bought this before:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Trippy tape loop drones [tape decay??] by a Dublin based merchant. Two long trippy cuts.

And then this. Drone from a Cork woman's bath:

Good stuff to know about if you're doing an alternative radio show, and you want to play some out there local stuff.

Not selling anything but plugging my spotify for followers again because new single is coming next week.

I know that isn't bandcamp, but I'm not doing anything physical for ages and beyond radio spotify is where it is at for most people now.

I'd be buying the Slomatics split too but I got one in the post yesterday as a thank you.

Fucks sake, it was 27 dollars to ship a 20 dollar record

And I thought was buying something else

Fuck today

:mad:

Memphis Industries doing 20% off today too, just pre-ordered the new Field Music for a steal

I know having a *free* music store is great and all but considering bandcamp are pretty much the most transparent platform out there, does anyone else feel they should be paying the markup?

Yes. I do feel a bit like this is a bit of a fuck you to people that work for bandcamp. Not to rain on anyone's parade. How much usually goes to bandcamp? Ive never noticed it being that much.

Very true. Here's me, not rocking any boats. I am absolutely blocked #friday.

Just ordered a live gig on friday and a No More Jockeys some time. Hope they email to remind me.

Has anyone found anything cool that they never heard of before? I'm trying all these random albums but don't feel like buying any of them so far except this one

weird, I came across that one recently.

thinking about buying the vinyl of this and another one from the same label:

for cheapskates hankering for sax and drums musical freedom:

Not self-promotion, but an interesting Irish tape label doing some intriguing, niche outer limits stuff. Does he post here? He's on ig anyway.

Releases artists from everywhere, but he releases some Irish artists too.

Bought this before:

Trippy tape loop drones [tape decay??] by a Dublin based merchant. Two long trippy cuts.

And then this. Drone from a Cork woman's bath:

Good stuff to know about if you're doing an alternative radio show, and you want to play some out there local stuff.

Fort Evil Fruit is on a roll these days, they released two new ones yesterday as well. Byron Coley seems to review most of their releases in the Wire too which is a nice bit of cred. I don't think the guy posts here but a few of that circle used to 'back' in the 'day'.

My purchases yesterday were pretty limited- the two new tapes from Fort Evil Fruit and this goth mixtape from JD Twitch ULTRAGOTH mixtape by JD Twitch, by Optimo Music

I know having a *free* music store is great and all but considering bandcamp are pretty much the most transparent platform out there, does anyone else feel they should be paying the markup?
I guess it's marketing and promotion for them, it's getting people talking about the platform a lot more. I'm using the site a lot more in the last year than I would ever have before this, even on non bandcamp days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back