A Bandcamp Waiving Fees Day Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure how seriously BC is taken by bands or labels it's probably used for promotion as much as anything else. If I find something interesting there I'll more than likely buy it somewhere else or I might use it to listen to something I've seen elsewhere. I have the app on my tablet and can connect that to the stereo amp otherwise I've a walkman I hardly use but it's still be worth the odd root around to find stuff.

I'm not sure how seriously BC is taken by bands or labels it's probably used for promotion as much as anything else.
From what I’ve seen and heard, Bandcamp is taken very seriously by the bands and certainly the smaller labels as it is a reliable stream of income and straightforward platform to sell music.

Anyway, the reason for the RSD comparison is that I’ve seen one “Available for one day only” download and seeing the collector mentality creep onto the streaming/download format seems to be entirely counterintuitive and wrongheaded, but I know that it’s going to become more and more of a thing. Give me the music, allow me to give you money but maybe not all on the one day so my wallet can recover!

Most bands I know would be lost without bandcamp. Rarely hear any complaints and this fee waiving once a month for the next while is really helping bands and labels keep afloat.

I've downloaded a couple of albums from band camp in the past. I usually burn them on to a CD, back up the files on two external hard drives & then completely forget about them.

I've downloaded a couple of albums from band camp in the past. I usually burn them on to a CD, back up the files on two external hard drives & then completely forget about them.

You know you can buy physical releases through bandcamp too right?

only recently copped how decent the app is as a player for what you purchase . was pretty much only using bandcamp as a means for buying physical releases and streaming tracks from the website

From being a vinyl head for a couple of decades I now rarely buy it although I have bought more this year than in the last ten years weirdly. I buy everything from Bandcamp and a couple of other sites. Artists make more money from Bandcamp than any other streaming service (I actually heard iTunes is pretty decent for artists). Ive been waxing lyrical about it for a few years now, amazing site.

Spotify is the worsed apparently so I steer clear myself (Mrs Mully has an account for transparency)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This Friday again if everyone is not already fed up with it. I might get a couple of things from this small Dutch label which will have 25% off and is not to expensive to begin with.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Certainly is although I haven't bought anything yet a good few donations will go to bail fund type charities this time

Got a few records from Germany. But postage from the states is outrageous. Quotes of $17 plus and lps only $10-15

Got a few things from the UK. Three punk 12"s off Drunk Sailor Records, Antibodies, Booji boys and Chain Gang. Preordered The Shits album (Hominid Sounds) and the new Anthroproph 7" (Rocket Recordings).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back