______sounds like.........______ (1 Viewer)

Saw doctors in general,or a particular song?
in general. I was just joking about Laura Jane's singing voice and the chorus vocal harmonies, it all seems to be veering dangerously close to a bunch of culchie Irish accents. It reminds me of their About You Now cover.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My old band had a song called Planted that has a long outro that's four chords repeated. I distinctly remember that around 2 months after we wrote it I heard Creep for the first time (it was brand new at the time). Ah balls, I thought... for about 2 minutes.

It's the meloday too innit? (not that it's still not making them look like chumps. Would hope it's their publishers acting the prick)

Not really the melody I would say. It’s just in the same key and a bit similar slow tempo so naturally the creep vocal melody sit comfortable in that Lana del ray song. And I s only the verse, it’s not like the change or bridge aswell

WElllllll

I mean lets be realistic, How much of Lana's career is based on throwbacks and fake retro and things that are almost things. (album is called 'lust for life' for christs sakes) - While i dont think 100% is a fair claim, i don't think a three person songwriting team wrote that and didn't think 'we've wrote creep, but fuck it' or a committee got through life without hearing of iggy pop. Lana has offered 40% which is like pretty much a hands up 'ok ok ok Its a rip off' as far as i'm concerned.

Here's the videogames source song:

I've a suspicion that radioheads 'creative control' is more of a projection and at heart they are as much at the mercy of their legal team as any act that literally sells out gigs on rumors. Conversely, they could just have evolved into massive cunts who are still great musicians.

The nick cave thing makes it more suspect - like whatever collective management they are using for touring seems to have them, pixies and cave on the same circuit, taking in Isreal and mumbling excuses about it.

WElllllll

I mean lets be realistic, How much of Lana's career is based on throwbacks and fake retro and things that are almost things. (album is called 'lust for life' for christs sakes) - While i dont think 100% is a fair claim, i don't think a three person songwriting team wrote that and didn't think 'we've wrote creep, but fuck it' or a committee got through life without hearing of iggy pop. Lana has offered 40% which is like pretty much a hands up 'ok ok ok Its a rip off' as far as i'm concerned.

I'd go with this as well.

I think a lot of it is stemming from the Marvin Gaye Blurred Lines suit, where a vibe, chord progression and general inspiration is enough to win a case in US court so all the lawyers got excited over the crap they'll be able to pull.

As you allude to, it's also related to all that vapour-wave fake-nostalgia-as-a-way-of-moving-forward hauntology stuff that appeared as a result of instant access to all music. Kinda interesting anyway.

Maybe the estate of Bo Diddley will decide to take this to its logical conclusion and clean up from the past 50 years of music as a result of all this.

Drum opening on this record vs. LCD.

I heard that Noel Gallagher song yesterday and thought exactly the same thing.
Except, Plastic Bertrand is amazing and Noel Gallagher is shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back