999 Friday 24th October (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

plus
paranoid visions
the lee harveys
and the last ever Dublin appearance by Excuses

Gig Review from a drunken 50 year old.

Lee Harveys
7.5/10
So solid now they might as well be professionals, they lose 1 point for not doing their best song "Fear is the key" but get it back for Bitzy's correct political outbursts

Paranoid Visions
7.5/10
Decent without spectacular...plus point--> Deko and Aoife incredibly photogenic still, negative point That Polish bass player keeps entering Danny's air space.

6/10
Firstly I shall add that most of the crowd will probably give them 8 as they lapped them up but from my viewpoint it is hard to take someone serious that has 3 fetuses in his stomach, I when growing up back in the late 70s always felt hit and miss about 999, it tbh still hasn't changed,they destroyed my favourite song so much (Feelin' alright with the cfew) that I may never EVER upload it but they slightly redeemed themselves with Homicide the final song.

Excuses
9/10
Ok ok ok I am probably bias here but their final gig ofc almost brought a tear to my eye as they are my fav Irish Punk band and their track Appeaseful Protest is in my top 5 Punk songs of all time.
Jasper as he has gotten older over the years has become crazier and crazier and tonight he even introduced me to his new gf whereas normally my friends never ever introduce their new girlfriends to me.....Paul 13 with hair is a totally scary bastard and Ambi and Gary still fulfill the other important parts of this band perfectly.
Nice toucj from PA to let them play last and I thought they were Fab....

Gig overall was pretty decent and crowd while not jam packed was pretty busy.

No I just upgraded to windows 10 and was rummaging thru my folders and found this and said to myself no one bothered to advertise it here and Gary doesn't have a FB and missed the gig so I'll post it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back