What gig did you go to last night? (3 Viewers)

I went to see Prāta Vētra in the Warehouse at the Red Cow last night.

They're probably the most famous Latvian contemporary pop/rock band ever (obs I went with the missus).

I wouldn't be that much into them but it was a very joyous occasion. Everyone there, pretty much, was Latvian and I guess for those few hours they felt like they were home.

Musically they are a very upbeat band and seem like thoroughly decent people.

Overall it was the best gig I've ever been to for a band I don't much like.

PS what a shit venue the warehouse is.

Was at an Irish/Welsh folk gig in the black box in TU Dublin this evening. My wife had spotted that cerys hafana was on the bill and wanted to see her - she's fantastic. Plays a big triple harp.

Saw Cattle Decapitation in Academy on Thursday. Mixed bag tbh, with hit and miss supports. Felt pretty old, up on the balcony, looking at the youngsters giving it socks in the pit.

Friday saw Judas priest in point. They were on form, as were Saxon who I know in passing, but not very well. Met up with friends hadn't seen in far too long, so good buzz all round

Saw Cattle Decapitation in Academy on Thursday. Mixed bag tbh, with hit and miss supports. Felt pretty old, up on the balcony, looking at the youngsters giving it socks in the pit.

Friday saw Judas priest in point. They were on form, as were Saxon who I know in passing, but not very well. Met up with friends hadn't seen in far too long, so good buzz all round
My brother and his wife went to both gigs as well. Said the exact same as yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back