What gig did you go to last night? (6 Viewers)

tried to go see horse lords last night... the venue was a ten-minute walk from my place, and I thought, whatever, it won’t be sold out, it’s weird skronky music on a tuesday night. dear readers, it was indeed sold out. gahh. and then I saw that the next gig that they have after that one will be in tralee, of all fucking places. have now failed to see horse lords I think maybe three times in a row. next time, I hope.

Saw horse lords on Sunday night in Dublin.
They were fanfuckingtastic

Went for a pint and a chat with a friend. She said she doesn't go to live music much. Not her thing. I said, please wait and watch band No.2. They're really good.
Band 1 came on. She showed a gameful appreciation of it, while I and several others in the crowd were not so impressed.
Both bands one and two play a sort of 60's rock 'n' roll type thing.

So band one finishes, i did a sigh of relief. She says "well, they're up there doing it, and you're not". Which is more than fair.
She then says "They played in tune, in time, on time, they were a coherent unit". Yeah, they fucking didn't and weren't. I expect more from middle aged men with a mortgage worth of instruments around them.

But she held fast, saying I was being too harsh on them.

Then second band came on. 30 seconds into the the second song she went "OK, now I understand".

The gulf between these two ostensibly similar bands was massive.

Anyway, this lad, ridiculously entertaining:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back