50 Incredibly Tough Albums For Extreme Listeners (1 Viewer)

But she sounds like a cat getting the ride of it's life.
That she makes good music behind the dreadful singing just makes her even worse - it's a tease as well as unlistenable. Astral Weeks is ruined in a similar sort of way although the music there is probably not nearly as interesting as JN and the singing is worse.

Don't think so,it was never on Atlantic,only Am Rep. Pretty sure I read somewhere an interview where Buzzo claimed Atlantic wanted to release it ? It was a long time ago though.

Colossus of Destiny is a tough one too.

The weirdest album I've ever heard is also the rarest and one of the most addictive:

Darkside - She Is Dead

I'd pay at least €50 for a copy, but even if I offered €500 I'd never get another...

I really like Bitches Brew. It's only difficult to listen to if you're a far-right Nazi.
This article was probably written by a Mr. A. Hitler of Berghof, Berchtesgaden, Bavaria, Germany

I hate bitches brew and all the rest of the electric rubbish he did
The 80's stuff is nonsense. Of course his 50's and 60's stuff is better but it's not that bad. The album cover is fantastic.

It's best to listen to while sitting on a balcony in just your pants drinking cartons of orange juice.

the thing about those music magazine lists is that they tend to lean toward things you can actually buy. They are more shopping list than aesthetic manifesto.

Dismissing Miles' electric period is like dismissing ... I don't even know what to compare it to... words fail

The 80's stuff is nonsense. Of course his 50's and 60's stuff is better but it's not that bad. The album cover is fantastic.

It's best to listen to while sitting on a balcony in just your pants drinking cartons of orange juice.
It's best listened to while walking through a storm of people at a tube station during rush hour in central london. It seems to make perfect sense then.

Ditto Yellow Swans to be fair.

Also if you've ever been to NYC On The Corner starts to make perfect sense there. The repetition, the bass lines all of it makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back