50 Incredibly Tough Albums For Extreme Listeners (1 Viewer)

worth a gander if nothing else

'incredibly tough' is a bit over the top to be fair with regard to some as you'll see

50 Incredibly Tough Albums for Extreme Listeners – Flavorwire
I own half of them and listen to them regularly, so I'll probably try to get the rest,

Except Neutral Milk Hotel and Joanna Fucking Newsome who are unlistenable rather than tough.

No Wolf Eyes, Black Dice, Yellow Swans, Fuck Buttons or Sonic Youth so it's a bit incomplete.

Shopper guide for musical perverts ... beggars belief really, Atari Teenage Riot and Cale's 'Music for a New Society' on the same list ... Cale was as 'out there' as Alec Empire was 'up there' .. best I can do. Soz, LOL stfu

Right had a listen through samples of the other half of the list, Some good stuff in there but some of it is a bit silly or drab, still it's more interesting than "50 albums that make me cry". Fair play to them for trying. Got some stuff to buy when I get paid from it.

Some genuinely difficult listening there but Neutral Milk Hotel? Radiohead? Joanna Newsom? My Bloody Valentine? Think it says more about how conservative the writer is than anything about the music.

Odd title. Should be "Tough albums that music nerds will smirk with joy at/just flat out love"

or

"50 incredibly tough albums for people that think Mumford & Sons are a bit edgy"

or something

Birra Mansun, i'm enjoying their revival :)

that Mr. Bungle album though... that is a tough listen. I never know what to do with it, I can't put it on while i'm doing anything else because it's too distracting, I just have to sit there and listen to it and go "hmmm". It's a great album though...

their extreme books list includes such mind-benders as trainspotting and pet sematary

I think we went through that in the books thread a while back. If not, we should. The Rory Gilmore book list turned out to be the most difficult one.

Jesus christ lads. On one hand we've got a thread saying Music is shit and music journalists are lazy cunts, here's a thread where someone made the effort to champion Beefheart, Faust, Can, Autechre, Boris, Miles Davis and the likes and here we are bitching about how it's not enough either.

Fuck sake, at least it's a start.

Jesus christ lads. On one hand we've got a thread saying Music is shit and music journalists are lazy cunts, here's a thread where someone made the effort to champion Beefheart, Faust, Can, Autechre, Boris, Miles Davis and the likes and here we are bitching about how it's not enough either.

Fuck sake, at least it's a start.

and Joanna Newsom

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back