3 mobile - don't they know who I am?? (1 Viewer)

sealed human

hey y'all,

My 3 contract expires on 11th September (hallelujah!) so I am away like a scalded cat to Vodafone/O2 as their coverage is a disgrace...

I called the 3 'support' this morning to find out the expiry date and obviously he asked into why. When I told him I'm leaving for Vodafone soon he said I need to give them 30 days written notice to that effect. When I corrected him that I'm not leaving now, and therefore not breaking my contract, but waiting until expiry, he said that I still had to do this.

I then explained that I was told in a Vodafone store only yesterday of the process involved in leaving, I simply give Vodafone my number, and they will intervene with 3 on my behalf. The whole process should take 2 hours or so!

No, this didnt make a dent with him, he continued to toe the party line as if a robot,that they have their own policies and I cant escape 30 day notice. Oh yeah, and that Vodafone were just wrong.

The call finished with me telling him to blow it out his ass .|..|and he summed up by saying he was going to log that I refused to speak to cancellations dept over this but I plan to leave.

So what I'm wondering is, was this call just a pathetic attempt by 3 to 'scare' customers into staying longer by making leaving seem really problematic, is there ANY truth in his claims?:mad:

I've switched providers a few times and its never been that complicated!

hey y'all,

My 3 contract expires on 11th September (hallelujah!) so I am away like a scalded cat to Vodafone/O2 as their coverage is a disgrace...

I called the 3 'support' this morning to find out the expiry date and obviously he asked into why. When I told him I'm leaving for Vodafone soon he said I need to give them 30 days written notice to that effect. When I corrected him that I'm not leaving now, and therefore not breaking my contract, but waiting until expiry, he said that I still had to do this.

I then explained that I was told in a Vodafone store only yesterday of the process involved in leaving, I simply give Vodafone my number, and they will intervene with 3 on my behalf. The whole process should take 2 hours or so!

No, this didnt make a dent with him, he continued to toe the party line as if a robot,that they have their own policies and I cant escape 30 day notice. Oh yeah, and that Vodafone were just wrong.

The call finished with me telling him to blow it out his ass .|..|and he summed up by saying he was going to log that I refused to speak to cancellations dept over this but I plan to leave.

So what I'm wondering is, was this call just a pathetic attempt by 3 to 'scare' customers into staying longer by making leaving seem really problematic, is there ANY truth in his claims?:mad:

I think it's bullshit on his part. I switched from O2 to vodafone a few years ago and the transition was painless.

you have all his details, right? why don't you call him with a problem some night at 3 in the morning

he was calling on behalf of someone else so I didn't have his details

Angry.jpg

i switched from vodafone billpay to meteor pay as you go and had waited til my contract expired with vodafone. i didnt have to sign off any direct debit to either vodafone or my bank it was all handled in the switchover by meteor.

However, i know someone who is also switching account to another provider as their contract expires the end of this month. they were informed they had to give 30days notice (but not in writing), did so and that was it. Account terminates around same time contract finishes up.

The 30day policy is now being used by a few different companies, most notably the telecoms industry as having been forced to allow people to move to different providers and retain their number they had to find other ways to fuck with you. And this is one clear example.

You're best going into a 3mobile store asap, saying you're moving contract to another provider and were told you had to give 30days notice. They'll handle it from there. Best not getting shirty with them though or they may lose your request. Phone shop people are blindly loyal to this mythical boss of theirs and i've found they dont believe the customer is right they will fight you tooth and nail over the littlest of requests as if you said their gods name in vain. Whats more satisfying is seeing them lose the rag while you retain a calm demeanour. Try it next time. its worth it for the shortlived superiority complex alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back