2022 Tunes, not albums, Thread (2 Viewers)

Nate Champion

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nicfit from Nagoya, Japan.

Heard this on Steve Lamacq today... album due out next week on Upset the Rhythm...

Interestingly had a split release with the mighty Pinprick Punishment [Dude now stage terrorizes in My Society Pissed keeping the wiggly semi-naked Iggy vibes going] back in the day.

Edit: Nicfit was a song by an early Dischords band?

Nicfit from Nagoya, Japan.

Heard this on Steve Lamacq today... album due out next week on Upset the Rhythm...

Interestingly had a split release with the mighty Pinprick Punishment [Dude now stage terrorizes in My Society Pissed keeping the wiggly semi-naked Iggy vibes going] back in the day.

Edit: Nicfit was a song by an early Dischords band?

yeah - Nic Fit was a 1980 song by THE UNTOUCHABLES on the Flex Your Head comp. LP on Dischord released in 1982. the songs were recorded in 1980-81.
Alec MacKaye was the singer in The Untouchables. Sonic Youth covered Nic Fit on the Dirty (1992) LP.
EDIT: it's an anti smoking song apparently

Right, I'm here for this. I need bleeding edge excitement.

I'm gonna be dishing out an emoji .. at least..for every tune.

where do boy harsher land, culturally speaking? yesterday I saw an old-school giant billboard for their new album in the street, which I suppose means that they’re a bigger deal than I thought they were.

this is a fun listen, part new order, part... soft cell? or something else I can’t exactly put my finger on. I had filed them away as being more of a goth/industrial type act but maybe not now? (also it all sounds like music from at least 25 years ago, but... very polished, as pastiches go)

where do boy harsher land, culturally speaking? yesterday I saw an old-school giant billboard for their new album in the street, which I suppose means that they’re a bigger deal than I thought they were.

this is a fun listen, part new order, part... soft cell? or something else I can’t exactly put my finger on. I had filed them away as being more of a goth/industrial type act but maybe not now? (also it all sounds like music from at least 25 years ago, but... very polished, as pastiches go)

Love the music...the vox need work

New single from Factory Floor person/Chris & Cosey collaborater Nik Void... Album out in April on Editions Mego... definitely feels like one more for the inevitable 2022 albums thread... damned if I'm starting it though.

Nothing new under the sun...the inside of my mouth feels gnawed off, and I'm trapped in the malted glitch of an after hours therapy session with some poor unfortunate hoor.

This came out last year but I missed it because it's Ladyhawke and it's not 2008. Lovely POP song all the same

Black Country New Road have a new one out, but the main bloke departed. Cancellation of all forthcoming gigs. Thank Christ. Wasn't looking forward to a gig in the Olympia.

I think I heard some of their new stuff a few weeks ago in the worst possible circumstances. I was in someone's house drunk, and not used to this Alexa business, said, play Black Country New Road. Seemed to play a load of new stuff that sounded very twee and fey, moving away from all that spiky angularity... I was trying to sell someone on their gig, and all these random crap tunes came up by them.

Why can't people have CD players in their houses?? I have one in the kitchen and another in the living room. Absolutely charms the pants off visitors. This Alexi and yt bullshit...constant chopping and changing of tracks. Then you're working. "Put on this, put that on next." Fuck off.

Fair play to them and all but this is too over produced and radio friendly from what I was expecting. Hope it sells millions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back