2021 albums worth a listen.... (1 Viewer)

I ordered over $70 of records from the USA a month ago. I got a letter from An Post this morning saying a mere 9.38 Euros was duty was due on the package before they would deliver.
Foolishly pre ordered something from the UK a couple of months back. Pretty much same situation. 10 quid to get it released from an post. Never again

Cool! Will do!

Always wondered what La Monte Young was about when I saw his name

I think this could be good music for playing chess
His stuff is impossible to find and he has a bunch of lackeys removing everything from the internet as fast as they can. I‘ve been able to get some of his albums over the years but if you just had a casual interest in checking out his music then you’ve an uphill struggle ahead of you. I’m surprised I found this as easily as I did!

Foolishly pre ordered something from the UK a couple of months back. Pretty much same situation. 10 quid to get it released from an post. Never again
still better to pay 9.38 Euro than 37% VAT (?) which I avoided, as it wasn't initially added into the online purchase.
I am still getting used to this after 28 years of never paying any customs tax.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Delectable instrumental Americana with Barry Walker on pedal steel that immediately reminds me of 90s Thrill Jockey stuff like Pullman and Directions In Music - no bad reference points to pull out of the pocket.

Put aside five hours of your life and just immerse yourself in this before it gets whipped down from YouTube.

lamonte young just popped into my head the other night. i visited the dream house in new york about 10 years ago. it was an amazing experience. spent a good hour in there zoned out to the pulsating drones and the general pinkness. i watched sisters with transistors this week (well worth a watch) and seeing pauline oliveros reminded me of lamonte young, and the visit.

This is an intriguing album that has hooked me in over the last few days. Know next to nothing about the artist or label- it's a kind of brass exotica, lots of Balkan/South American/Mediterranean vibes. Feels like being in a Emir Kusturica movie. Definitely an acquired taste, but only took me c. 0.4 listens to acquire it

This is an intriguing album that has hooked me in over the last few days. Know next to nothing about the artist or label- it's a kind of brass exotica, lots of Balkan/South American/Mediterranean vibes. Feels like being in a Emir Kusturica movie. Definitely an acquired taste, but only took me c. 0.4 listens to acquire it

That’s deadly!

Popping this in here because it might warrant another listen.

it's reminding me of a few things... or is it just the vocals/melodies warble a little in that plaintive Mark Eitzel manner?

Was listening to an interview with Milo from the Descendents and he recommended these guys. Have to say I’m really enjoying them

I’m enjoying this. It’s a French guy making really catchy grunge music in his bedroom

Jeff Parker of Tortoise's new one released in a few weeks, 'Forfolks.'

Only one track available for listen so far...

Two new Christina Carter albums out today! I have to say my heart sank a little when I saw they were solo voice albums but this one at least is quite engaging

Quite liking this latest ambient job from L.A label Kman 92.5 Tapes.

Two long busily soothing tracks.

Sweet. Looking forward to checking that out. Love Sean McCann...he needs wider recognition within the ambient/concrete/experimental world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back