2021 albums worth a listen.... (2 Viewers)

Reviews section of Maximum RocknRoll. most of the records reviewed have links to bandcamp player.
MRR pretty much gave up on modern styles of 'punk' years ago, so most stuff covered is in pre 90's stylee (which is fine with me).
Erika Elizabeth is particularly good at covering Lliput, Modettes, Dolly Mixture, Girls At Our Best, Raincoats, Pylon etc. type stuff.
otherwise it could be anything from garage rock, punky indie rock, post punk, raw hardcore or grindcore covered from around the world. plus plenty of reissues.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

An album by Don Cherry's son
This would be interesting to play at work

Oh baby, new Duane Pitre drops in a month... the 8 minute track available here is a stunner.

Just Intonation... it's a helluva thing. Will improve your mental health.

Oh baby, new Duane Pitre drops in a month... the 8 minute track available here is a stunner.

Just Intonation... it's a helluva thing. Will improve your mental health.
He seems like a good sort too which is always nice.

I am about one minute into the new Grouper album... that's some opening.

She's the boss of this type of thing... an artist who, excuse the cliche, really does achieve transcendence. Her stuff seems really simple at its root. Probably why so many jokers try to imitate her.... she might be one of the most ripped off artists of the last decade or so. What ever it is that makes her so great is hard to pinpoint... it's just in her, I suppose. I buy her deal wholly.

He seems like a good sort too which is always nice.

Ex-professional skateboarder... don't know a whole lot about him. He's a deep one for sure...first record in six years. Hoping for some not outrageously expensive Euro distribution on this... but might just go for mp3s... don't really need something like that on vinyl.

Ex-professional skateboarder... don't know a whole lot about him. He's a deep one for sure...first record in six years. Hoping for some not outrageously expensive Euro distribution on this... but might just go for mp3s... don't really need something like that on vinyl.
Unfortunately Important Records are always expensive here now. I’ve stopped buying their releases which is a shame as they really get my tastes. I used to buy nearly every release by them until US postage went wild. (I’m actually wearing an Eleh t-shirt right now as if to prove my point!)

I had a few exchanges with Pitre years ago when I was writing for Brainwashed and he was nice. I have no interest in skateboarding so my first exposure to him was that Just Intonation compilation he did for Important.

Listening to this Self Esteem album that's getting a lot of press right now.

Not bad, a little... i dunno... brit school. She does that I AM A GOOD SINGER anonymous soul thing with her vocals, and the production sounds a decade old, kind of like an X Factor winner or something. I think it's going for high production US pop but it still sounds kind of homespun and British pop. Interesting.

I know i'm ignoring the lyrics here, which is the only thing the reviews talk about, but it is music and you do have to listen to it. Someone else let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Just Intonation... it
This is my first time hearing of this system.

I bought the new vanishing twin album - Ookii Gekkou. Its in the post. I have the first album.
Similar to stereolab, broadcast, death & vanilla ect....

Finding new bands that I really like is getting more difficult. Saturation point imminent. Interest waning, getting old ect..Do these type of band have great songs? I dunno. I wonder if I'm more into style & atmosphere at this stage.

Unfortunately Important Records are always expensive here now. I’ve stopped buying their releases which is a shame as they really get my tastes. I used to buy nearly every release by them until US postage went wild. (I’m actually wearing an Eleh t-shirt right now as if to prove my point!)

I had a few exchanges with Pitre years ago when I was writing for Brainwashed and he was nice. I have no interest in skateboarding so my first exposure to him was that Just Intonation compilation he did for Important.
I usually buy the CDs from them for this very reason, postage way cheaper. Although rather annoyingly their physical distribution is not on bandcamp, so you don't get digital files with the CDs. Normally throw in an Eleh tee when I order too.. Bought a bunch of stuff on Friday from them, including the first Just Intonation comp and a bunch of Radigue stuff I missed out on previously. Can't wait to get my hands on 'em!

I ordered over $70 of records from the USA a month ago. I got a letter from An Post this morning saying a mere 9.38 Euros was duty was due on the package before they would deliver.

This is my first time hearing of this system.
Put aside five hours of your life and just immerse yourself in this before it gets whipped down from YouTube.

Cool! Will do!

Always wondered what La Monte Young was about when I saw his name

I think this could be good music for playing chess

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back