2021 albums worth a listen.... (3 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fifteenth studio album from the Flying Luttenbachers - "no wave/punk jazz/brutal prog iconoclasts." Three tracks available for listen. Weasel Walter switches to guitar as another bloke fills the drum stool, eh that would be Sam Ospovat from Enablers.

Feels like being in no wave quicksand with added barbed wire sax death wrapped around your head and face. Sounds like it could be great live.

Sven Wunder's 3rd in 2 years. Absolute quality. jazz/funk/library instrumentals. A dude that came out of nowhere a couple of years ago. Almost certain he hasn't done a live show, for Sven Wunder tunes at least. Would love to see it happen some time in the future

New At the gates is fantastic. The few songs released on there own were underwhelming, but, in the context of a full album, work brilliantly.

Dry Cleaning- bouncy

from this album

Fifteenth studio album from the Flying Luttenbachers - "no wave/punk jazz/brutal prog iconoclasts." Three tracks available for listen. Weasel Walter switches to guitar as another bloke fills the drum stool, eh that would be Sam Ospovat from Enablers.

Feels like being in no wave quicksand with added barbed wire sax death wrapped around your head and face. Sounds like it could be great live.

cool 🎷

best line in the description: “This is prog for THE APOCALYPSE, not for your uncle”

welsh engineer and amateur bell-ringer gets a computer in 1980, proceeds to make secret anglican bell-ringing techno in his shed

love it

cool 🎷

best line in the description: “This is prog for THE APOCALYPSE, not for your uncle”
Worth following Weasel Walter on ig... he posts some of his cool records, and he is a skronk maniac. I remember him looking bored out of his skull sitting next to the stage the dull look of quiet rage that might just kill everyone in the venue... during probably [retards] years ago at a Skinny Wolves gig in The Hub. He was playing with xbxrx who were pretty good... and featured Ed Rodriguez who would go on to join Deerhoof.

'A Softer Focus.' Wowser, this is an engaging work of concrete musique/found sound/ ambient sort-of-thing made by the quite beautiful looking Claire Rousay from San Antonio, Texas. Probably will go down a treat if you like Labradford etc... not sure what to make of that artwork.

This is nice I like it

Sven Wunder's 3rd in 2 years. Absolute quality. jazz/funk/library instrumentals. A dude that came out of nowhere a couple of years ago. Almost certain he hasn't done a live show, for Sven Wunder tunes at least. Would love to see it happen some time in the future

This is super nice I super like it

I have a 7” split single and a CD-R, never saw the 8”.

I found it, phew. I'll lob up a photo tomorrow... must give it a listen. They are not on discogs... retards throws up some Scandinavian lot. And bracket retards bracket... throws up Up the Bracket by the Libertines... that'll be the cue for Lili Marlene..

Imagine a title as good as Fourth Wall Gloryhole not being on discogs...

Here's the 8"... edition of 40, I think. Haven't played it in a long time... not completely surprised how deadly it is, but Chinese Girl in My Trunk and The Postmodern Aisling are unbelievable tracks. The whole thing though is pretty good. Not much up on yt sadly...

Wondering if I was at this show. I reckon I saw them every time they played... definitely a few occasions where they obviated the need to stick around for the headliner...guitarist was a stout lad with lank grunger hair getting into his eyes who looked like he could have been one of the deadeyed teen killers from River's Edge... drummer was Jandek's son but really into extreme metal and black sleeveless shirts. Double killers. Frontman was a demon onstage, very engaging intense performer, but just the sweetest little button you could ever meet offstage. Think he went to Denver for his postgraduate studies which ultimately put an end to bracket retards bracket.

Attachments

• retards sleeve.jpg
    retards sleeve.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 4
  • retards 8%22.jpg
    retards 8%22.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back