2020 albums worth a listen... (1 Viewer)

I am slowly becoming convinced that this album is not only worth a listen, it is a fucking triumph of all that is good in the world

came out in april last year. shitty timing. but it’s amazing. would love to see them live

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am slowly becoming convinced that this album is not only worth a listen, it is a fucking triumph of all that is good in the world

came out in april last year. shitty timing. but it’s amazing. would love to see them live

They haven't put a foot wrong yet.

Right, we're still doing 2020 albums so.

There seems to be a lot of this balmy, cosmiche, modal solo artist tape music doing the rounds. Want to hear another one? Here you go.

And another instrumental, modal affair - cosmic country, but this time for real - led by pedal steel...released on Holy Mountain. Listened to this when it was favourably mentioned in Wire magazine. Forgot about it, then saw that someone mentioned it on social media today.

You wouldn't want to be having a mad paranoid time on drugs, and then someone sticks this on.

This is knicked from the blurb on the bandcamp page, some high gaming reference points mentioned:

"Walker has synthesized his love for country, exotica, New Age, freeform freakouts, and ecstatic music on Zenith. You may hear traces of the laid-back sinuousness of Texas psych-rockers Cold Sun, Fushitsusha's craggy, acid-rock excoriations, and Doug Sahm's sprightly melodic sweetness. You may notice “Insect Interlude” adding new colors to Terry Riley's Rainbow In Curved Air and “Up The Fan, Into The Keyhole” taking Sharrock's Black Woman to Appalachia. If you tilt your head just right, “Shoulda Zenith” and “Trinity Payload” may be the most psychedelic things your pandemic-besieged mind will encounter in 2020. Cosmic country didn't know it needed its own Inventions For Electric Guitar, but now that it's arrived, the Gilded Palace Of Sin is starting to seem like a dilapidated bungalow."

I'm a year late to the Aoife Nessa Francis album. Its good, nice atmosphere, slightly spooky, murky folk rock that could be from the early 70s, with some added Casio keyboard bossa nova presets. There is a bit of a moany tone to the vocals that I'm getting used to.

Last edited:

This is deadly. Been listening to it a good bit over the last week. Good call Nate, good call.

I'm a year late to the Aoife Nessa Francis album. Its good, nice atmosphere, slightly spooky, murky folk rock that could be from the early 70s, with some added Casio keyboard bossa nova presets. There is a bit of a moany tone to the vocals that I'm getting used to.
Yea it's a great album- love Cian Nugent's guitar style and her voice just works for this atmosphere

picked this up last week. Really good rock/pop tunes. some dude from Galway. This particular album is a compilation of selected songs from various albums/EPs. Little or no filler on it.

I just got this on vinylsss today. Such a great album

Came across these guys the other day. Tosser. On Dischord Records.

Ramshackle early 90s indie rock with guitars dialled up to the hilt. Very Chapel Hill sound. Moreish.

[Mp3 of the album is essentially free too].

This is addictive

another 2020 album that I’m only now finally getting around to listening to properly

50% krautrock, 30% melvins, 10% motorhead, 10% stereolab. or something like that. and hey, look here, it’s everyone’s favourite kerryman, mark lanegan, doing a special guest appearance like a grunge puff daddy

its not bad - I listened to this again on monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back