2020 albums worth a listen... (1 Viewer)

If I haven't already missed that bit I'm not going to notice it. I had a skim through some reviews there, I can see why several of them are not impressed. But it's not that bad (so far). It probably needs a bit of listening to get past the stylistic front.
Oh there's Sam Hayne there now, haha

The last SP album i really listened to was machina: The Machine god. I do have zeitgeist & Oceania but barely played them. I seem to hit a wall with most bands. Into to it to a point & then my interest falls off a cliff.

They gave up on completing Teargarden by Kaleidyscope, what am I going to do with my handcarved Ocarina if the project is cancelled??

Fucking Corgan.

Has anyone tried the new Smashing Pumpkins one yet? I'm going to give it a whirl now

I tried it.

Thoughts are
Lead / title single is good, bit of an earworm. The samhain song isn't bad either. I find a lot of his melodic approach of being a really unmelodic vocalist across the rest of the stuff more or less unlistenable. The two women in the band now do a lot of good stuff to rectify this with the arrangments they did. I still follow his bloody endless insta stories because of the machina re-release. I find the 'I'm misunderstood and humble' tone kinda annoying when about half the art he's had done for the last two decades has been him as some biblical themed diety. I still haven't managed to unfollow it yet though. Kinda interesting. Suspect a 8-10 track version of the album could be great but i'm not doing the edit.

What interests me about the machina reboot is that he says the thing got mangled to bits by the label, so I want to see if he mangles it better or worse...

Here's a track with questionable melody and a chorus almost saved by the vocal arrangements. Like a it has a melody, its just its the same melody for every line in half the new songs.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This chat of sequels is ominous enough. I'd like to see him return to the wide dynamics of the mellon collie era. He needs an editor really. He can write better than most. Was he just raising flags to get the new stuff on the air though, like technically everything is a sequel anyways?

If this had the pace of melon collie era and a less flat instrument group it coulda been much better.

Song of the fucking year tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back