2020 albums worth a listen... (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's one I stumbled upon by accident. Brings to mind Young Widows [anyone?] with more of a punishing motorik beat. Dank, unforgiving noise rock. Like waking up with your face in an ashtray full of stubbed out Johnnie Blues.

Cool, @shitepipe Liking the sound of that Nashpaints. Will check the others in due time.

On an unrelated note, this album from Dublin noiserock group called Shifting just released today.

A no-brainer if you like to be smacked in the face to ominous, David Wm. Sims bass, with £5000 Travis Bean guitars that could probably take the roofing off your house.

Complete bang of Skingraft Records off it.

Been listening to this, it's deadly

this is a cool album. seems to only be one copy of a reissue of it available on their bandcamp. group from Bristol I think

hard to pin down. primarily jazz i suppose, but cool vocals at times , little out there. engaging 40 minutes anyways

I like the two songs available so far on this Eartheater album

Yea- really loved the first track that was released, Below The Clavicle. Saw her play a few years ago but couldn't get really into her thing back then. Gas artwork as well- she has a fascinating persona.

Yea- really loved the first track that was released, Below The Clavicle. Saw her play a few years ago but couldn't get really into her thing back then. Gas artwork as well- she has a fascinating persona.
Was this in Bello Bar? I saw here there (or else it was someone else altogether). Sometimes with that kinda music I don't see the advantage of the live performance over the record but I liked it.

I like the bang off the one track here... no idea how to contextualize this type of music. Sounds like it could soundtrack the wind whipping through Peter Coyote's hair as he drives through the Hollywood hills in some crap movie from 1985.

Was this in Bello Bar? I saw here there (or else it was someone else altogether). Sometimes with that kinda music I don't see the advantage of the live performance over the record but I liked it.

I saw her at Unsound festival in Krakow- didn't realise she played at Bello bar. In fairness I was right at the back bar of a theatre with no sight of stage so couldn't really get into it. But generally her sound was much more in the 'deconstructed club' music (ugh) vein back then which I couldn't get into...

I like the bang off the one track here... no idea how to contextualize this type of music. Sounds like it could soundtrack the wind whipping through Peter Coyote's hair as he drives through the Hollywood hills in some crap movie from 1985.

Love this stuff. There seems to be a rich vein of mid 80s Francophone synth/dance/pop music from Africa and the Carribean being unearthed at the moment. This is a particular fav:

I got the new Hen Ogledd LP Free Humans in the post this morning. I wasn't wild about the singles, they seemed like annoying smart-arse 80s pastiche but I like the album. Less weird than Mogic but still pretty quirky.

Yo, this is out this week. I'm psyched. I just got on the blower to the bloke in Freebird Records, and he's ordering the vinyl in on Sunday for about 27 quid which comfortably beats the Boomkat price when you factor in postage.

Surprised this guy is only being snapped up now by a label of Drag City's stature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back