2020 albums worth a listen... (1 Viewer)

New one upcoming on All City/Allchival:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyone come across these guys before?

have 2 of their EPs. have their moments.
great audio doc here about them from a few years ago

New one upcoming on All City/Allchival:

Anyone come across these guys before?

thought everyone in Ireland knew 5GDTTS....
(maybe i'm just old.... and Finbar died when i was 13).

they got some great press during their time in London.
e.g, the NME gave the BEETHOVEN EP 'single of the week' in 1989.
(which was a major kick start for Setanta Records).

bizarre this took 30 years to reissue.

Wasnt too into the last things I heard from them,but I like this

I've been enjoying the last few releases on Castles In Space, around the same neck of the woods as Ghost Box:

I've been enjoying the last few releases on Castles In Space, around the same neck of the woods as Ghost Box:

must check them out more.

Really like the Polypores record they put last year

A bunch of new releases came out on Fort Evil Fruit in Cork on 'Bandcamp Day'- the new Whirling Hall of Knives tape is my pick of the bunch. A relatively mellow selection from them but I am loving it:

not gonna start a thread called 2020 albums not worth a listen but listened to that new caribou release there again tonight after listening to it once the first week it came out. nah. Shite. milk of human kindness, up in flame, andorra (pretty sure thats what they're called) I really like that trio of consecutive releases. what has come after has progressively got a bit more shite for me. couple of cool tunes along the way but all a bit average in general.

back to original point, most recent one is by far the worst though imo. maybe the obligatory 3 listen rule is essential here but I doubt it

not gonna start a thread called 2020 albums not worth a listen but listened to that new caribou release there again tonight after listening to it once the first week it came out. nah. Shite. milk of human kindness, up in flame, andorra (pretty sure thats what they're called) I really like that trio of consecutive releases. what has come after has progressively got a bit more shite for me. couple of cool tunes along the way but all a bit average in general.

back to original point, most recent one is by far the worst though imo. maybe the obligatory 3 listen rule is essential here but I doubt it

I went to see Caribou in Whelans just after Andorra. Small enough crowd and everyone was really into what they were doing.

Went to see them again a few years later after some other album (can't remember which but I remember I wasn't mad on it). Went mainly to hear them play any early stuff that might be on the setlist.

The place was heaving, and everyone was mad into all the new shit they were playing. When they played the older stuff, everyone went to the jacks. Pricks. Lost interest in them after that. Just not the same band they were before.

I went to see Caribou in Whelans just after Andorra. Small enough crowd and everyone was really into what they were doing.

Went to see them again a few years later after some other album (can't remember which but I remember I wasn't mad on it). Went mainly to hear them play any early stuff that might be on the setlist.

The place was heaving, and everyone was mad into all the new shit they were playing. When they played the older stuff, everyone went to the jacks. Pricks. Lost interest in them after that. Just not the same band they were before.
saw them on the andorra tour too at a small venue in vancouver, whelans sized venue. was blown away by the show. really tight, stunning lighting etc. plus it was all material from the 3 records i mentioned above, pretty much. remember really looking forward to the next record, which was quite a bit of a letdown, and it's been a downward spiral since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back