2020 albums worth a listen... (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
Got it at a record fair years ago. A little tatty but plays fine. Dont remember what I paid but it wasnt much

nuke terrorist

Supporter
Threads
New one upcoming on All City/Allchival:

Anyone come across these guys before?
thought everyone in Ireland knew 5GDTTS....
(maybe i'm just old.... and Finbar died when i was 13).

they got some great press during their time in London.
e.g, the NME gave the BEETHOVEN EP 'single of the week' in 1989.
(which was a major kick start for Setanta Records).

bizarre this took 30 years to reissue.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com

dunderhead

Threads
Sold out at source. Few available at Norman records today. Usual quality by Jon brooks

dunderhead

Threads
not gonna start a thread called 2020 albums not worth a listen but listened to that new caribou release there again tonight after listening to it once the first week it came out. nah. Shite. milk of human kindness, up in flame, andorra (pretty sure thats what they're called) I really like that trio of consecutive releases. what has come after has progressively got a bit more shite for me. couple of cool tunes along the way but all a bit average in general.

back to original point, most recent one is by far the worst though imo. maybe the obligatory 3 listen rule is essential here but I doubt it

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
not gonna start a thread called 2020 albums not worth a listen but listened to that new caribou release there again tonight after listening to it once the first week it came out. nah. Shite. milk of human kindness, up in flame, andorra (pretty sure thats what they're called) I really like that trio of consecutive releases. what has come after has progressively got a bit more shite for me. couple of cool tunes along the way but all a bit average in general.

back to original point, most recent one is by far the worst though imo. maybe the obligatory 3 listen rule is essential here but I doubt it
I went to see Caribou in Whelans just after Andorra. Small enough crowd and everyone was really into what they were doing.

Went to see them again a few years later after some other album (can't remember which but I remember I wasn't mad on it). Went mainly to hear them play any early stuff that might be on the setlist.

The place was heaving, and everyone was mad into all the new shit they were playing. When they played the older stuff, everyone went to the jacks. Pricks. Lost interest in them after that. Just not the same band they were before.

dunderhead

Threads
I went to see Caribou in Whelans just after Andorra. Small enough crowd and everyone was really into what they were doing.

Went to see them again a few years later after some other album (can't remember which but I remember I wasn't mad on it). Went mainly to hear them play any early stuff that might be on the setlist.

The place was heaving, and everyone was mad into all the new shit they were playing. When they played the older stuff, everyone went to the jacks. Pricks. Lost interest in them after that. Just not the same band they were before.
saw them on the andorra tour too at a small venue in vancouver, whelans sized venue. was blown away by the show. really tight, stunning lighting etc. plus it was all material from the 3 records i mentioned above, pretty much. remember really looking forward to the next record, which was quite a bit of a letdown, and it's been a downward spiral since.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads