2020-21 Football thread (2 Viewers)

tonight Juventus have been deducted 15 Serie A points for fiddling their accounts.
Juve have an awful record with this kind of stuff - so you never know, they could be cleared on appeal!
A lot of other (mostly lower division) clubs were investigated and all the others were cleared.
Haha that's amazing. From probably getting a Champions League place, to totally fucked mid-table, all in one day!

Chelsea have signed another forward Noni Madeuke (b. 2002) on a contract until... 2030 - no less.
The PSV player is an England U21 international. he moved to PSV in 2018 after leaving Spurs.

really enjoying the cluelessness of Boehli's recruitment and that CFC are getting left behind by sensible spenders made good and other nouveau riche clubs alike.

Are Ireland fans allowed get slightly excited by Evan Ferguson? It feels like forever since we had a decent striker in the Premier League and he looks the real deal already at 18. I'm fully expecting him to quit football & join a cult, suffer a career ending injury and/or declare for England (he has an English mother apparently) at some point within the next 3 months.

Are Ireland fans allowed get slightly excited by Evan Ferguson? It feels like forever since we had a decent striker in the Premier League and he looks the real deal already at 18. I'm fully expecting him to quit football & join a cult, suffer a career ending injury and/or declare for England (he has an English mother apparently) at some point within the next 3 months.

You know, the OTB lads had a chat about this the other week. Hope for the best, but Don't wreck the poor lad, seemed to be the conclusion.

Yes occasionally I listen to OTB. They had Spurs v Arsenal commentary, and I don't have Sky Sports.

Peter Thomas (1944 - 19 January 2023)
Coventry born Waterford FC goalkeeper (1967-82) who won 5 LOI titles and the 1980 FAI Cup with the Blues.
Peter also spent several summers playing in the USA in the 70's.
He won two caps for Ireland.

What's with Roy Keane's 'tasche?
Does he think we are not scared enough?
This should be good -
Arsenal v MUFC had been gotten a bit irrelevant for a long time

good stuff - Saka was awesome and Man Utd defence wasn't up to the job. lovely goals.

nothing major happened in any of the big Euro leagues otherwise
this was a good one - Dortmund v Augsburg
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Napoli are 11 points ahead now but both Milano clubs still have matches on Monday.

I am going slag Arteta's antics on the sideline separately:
in a recent match (Spurs, I think) he caught the ball and when an opposition player tried to retrive it he tossed it away - Arteta should have been booked for that.

v Man Utd
@ 3 mins Arteta complained about Luke Shaw taking a throw when standing almost beside him well outside the technical area.
@ 31:55 - the ball was going out of play near Arteta. The closest player was Eriksen when Arteta ran to the sideline and waved/encroached his hand toward the ball before it left the pitch.
WTF? this is unheard of and should have earned him a yellow.
50 seconds later - Saka was fouled and Arteta ran towards the 4th official stepping on the sideline, trying to get the other player booked for a standard foul.
the ref had enough and booked Arteta.

throughout the match Arteta stood on the edge of the pitch well outside his technical area.
in a post match TV interview Mikel talked the ''emotional control'' of his team. fair comment as they were ace and stuck to their task superbly. particularly considering how young many of them are.

Arteta own lack of emotional control is pathetic - he's acting like an immature dickhead who can dish it out but can't take it.
there's no need for this nonsense when everything is going perfectly.

Today someone on WhatsApp described tomorrow's West Ham vs Everton game as "El Sackico".
And Lamps is out.

There's good players there at Everton, i was impressed. The West Ham players just seemed more terrified and did the job. If anything, I'd like West Ham to get Dyche in but Everton will probably snap him up now.

And Lamps is out.

There's good players there at Everton, i was impressed. The West Ham players just seemed more terrified and did the job. If anything, I'd like West Ham to get Dyche in but Everton will probably snap him up now.
Everton have huge problems scoring goals. they should have gotten rid of Lampard before the World Cup.
yeah - Dyche looks like the only man who can save them.

Did anyone else see Haaland singing Love Will Tear Us Apart as it played over the stadium there a few wins ago for them? Just a fragment of it.

It crossed my mind to put it in here then I forgot about it.

It was such a nice, funny moment... seemed like he was really into it haha.

In other Manc music football related chat, I would love it if Sean Dyche walked out to Marquis Cha Cha by the Fall. Down the Hacienda, getting the lagers in...

The clock's been ticking on Lamps since day one. He just doesn't have the charisma or personality to manage in the PL.

Lampard Everton PL record at Everton.
W 12. D 8. L 24.
Everton should have probably gotten rid of him last summer but leaving until it was too late sign anyone at the end of January was insane. they wasted time pursuing Bielsa, who as much as I love him, isn't suitable for a PL relegation fight.

Charly Loubet (1946 - 30 January 2023)
Nice legend who also won 1970-71 league championship with Marseille. Loubet was a goal scoring left winger who won 36 caps (10 goals).

Lampard Everton PL record at Everton.
W 12. D 8. L 24.
Everton should have probably gotten rid of him last summer but leaving until it was too late sign anyone at the end of January was insane. they wasted time pursuing Bielsa, who as much as I love him, isn't suitable for a PL relegation fight.

Club is run by fools. Agree 100% that they should have got rid of him last summer. He took over with them in 17th and finished with them there.

He got the team, and the rest of the club I suppose, to an emotional peak that helped them stay up but I don't think he's got much in the way of coaching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back