2020-21 Football thread (3 Viewers)

Claudio Garella (1955 - 12 August 2022)
Goalkeeper Garella won Serie A twice with upstart clubs Verona (1984-85) and Napoli (the double in 1986-87).
Despite a long career in Serie A he was never capped.
a very bellissimo video set to a nice tune about Garella
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Semyonov was a USSR international who won a Soviet league title with Zorya Luhansk from Eastern Ukraine. Zorya after the annexation relocated to another city currently experiencing violence and extreme danger- Zaporizhzhia

Jozsef Toth played in two World Cups for Hungary and scored his only international goal in the infamous 10-1 win over El Salvador in Espana 82.

Gaz Neville after Brentford 4-0 Man Utd

amazing how much I used to hate him as a player. seems like a distant memory now.
If United get tanked when Liverpool come there on Monday week, it will be a breaking point.
I am amazed the Glazers even have the balls to set foot in England

Gaz Neville after Brentford 4-0 Man Utd

amazing how much I used to hate him as a player. seems like a distant memory now.
If United get tanked when Liverpool come there on Monday week, it will be a breaking point.
I am amazed the Glazers even have the balls to set foot in England

ooh, great link

It's fantastic to behold, this utter death spiral of Manchester United
Look at Jonathon O'Brien - who I generally like - having a meltdown and almost alleging some Merseyside plot for the failings

United loved their heritage and history so much, they stuck it in the boot, drove it down to the City of London and flogged it on the stock exchange

There can't be enough payback for that kind of shit

Ooh, i did not know that Jamie Redknapp pulled a Rod Liddle

View attachment 16117
And up there lecturing the players on commitment
Marvelous
Louise filed for divorce in fairness!

MUFC are so badly run it is scary. if Hicks and Gilette were not forced to sell Liverpool at the high court in 2012 it could have been the same story at Anfield.

David Armstrong (1954 - 21 August 2022)
Middlesbrough, Southampton and England midfielder with an eye for goal (112 old Division 1 goals).
A great of both clubs, Armstrong had a top class bald top.
After joining Southampton in 1981 for a club record £600,000, Armstrong was a key player in the Saints best ever team and was club player of the year in 1983-84 when they were league runners up to Liverpool.
He finished his career after a season in Bournemouth in 1988.
Armstrong three caps for England (one each in 1980, 82 and 84).

Milutin Soskic (1937 - 27 August 2022)
Partizan Belgrade, FC Koln and Yugoslavia goalkeeper.
Soskic won four leagues with Partizan and played in their 1966 European Cup Final defeat to Real Madrid.
Partizan had beaten Man Utd in the semis and took the lead in the Final.
A promising move to FC Koln was wrecked by two leg fractures and he retired in 1971.

Soskic won 50 caps (1959-66) and was a 1960 Euros runner up and 1960 Olympic champion (but missed both final matches) and 1962 World Cup semi finalist.

Later his Partizan team mate Bora Milutinovic brought him to the USA team as goalkeeping coach (1993- 2006).

read about Ray Hudson in When Saturday Comes; 1970's Newcastle player long based in Florida.
his commentary style is pure Sid Waddell.
gets off to a great start here dissing Tom Cruise in the crowd:
the last goal is the best part.

'Rocky' Hudson has a thing about Messi -

BOHS 1-0 ROVERS. this guy (a Pat's fan) takes his son (Bohs) to watch a lot of LOI matches and makes these nice little videos about it.

I was out when Irish women beat Finland but watched the whole match the next day.
great result - Ireland never get hammered and ground out a result yet again. but not too exciting to watch.

BOHS 1-0 ROVERS. this guy (a Pat's fan) takes his son (Bohs) to watch a lot of LOI matches and makes these nice little videos about it.

I was out when Irish women beat Finland but watched the whole match the next day.
great result - Ireland never get hammered and ground out a result yet again. but not too exciting to watch.

What's happening at Dalymount? Do you know?
I am out of the loop on the development there

What's happening at Dalymount? Do you know?
I am out of the loop on the development there
2022 is finally the end of auld Dalymount.
notice the pitch will be reconfigured 90 degrees, where the main stand is now will be at a goal end.
while this is happening Bohs have to got play at Tolka for a year (!!!) and then after the redevelopment
Shels move into Dalymount(!!) and Tolka is demolished as well but some Drumcondra, sorry, I mean Shels fans are still trying to save Tolka. anyone got any opinions how this will all work???!!
surely all this will gentrify Phibsborough but hey, when have Dublin City Council ever cared about that?

I am planning to head up from Boggerland to see a Bohs match in a few weeks v UCD.
Nearly every match there is a sell out these days so only a few matches have tickets available for the rest of the season (Harps, Drogheda too).

2022 is finally the end of auld Dalymount.
notice the pitch will be reconfigured 90 degrees, where the main stand is now will be at a goal end.
while this is happening Bohs have to got play at Tolka for a year (!!!) and then after the redevelopment
Shels move into Dalymount(!!) and Tolka is demolished as well but some Drumcondra, sorry, I mean Shels fans are still trying to save Tolka. anyone got any opinions how this will all work???!!
surely all this will gentrify Phibsborough but hey, when have Dublin City Council ever cared about that?

I am planning to head up from Boggerland to see a Bohs match in a few weeks v UCD.
Nearly every match there is a sell out these days so only a few matches have tickets available for the rest of the season (Harps, Drogheda too).

Good stuff, man. Thank you.

I hope they save Tolka. Just make it a park.

Good stuff, man. Thank you.

I hope they save Tolka. Just make it a park.
There was an update on the Dalymount redevelopment plans in July:

Losing Shelbourne as co-tenants and the general rising costs of construction work seem to have forced a rethink, it looks like a reworking of the existing stadium is more likely than a full demolition and rebuild now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back