2020-21 Football thread (3 Viewers)

If a final can be lost on such a decision, then just go back to the linesperson putting up the flag immediately.
I was saying like, we can have a laugh about it because it's the Nations League final so who gives a fuck, but imagine if that happens in the World Cup final?
Then I remember, in the last World Cup final France got a penalty after a free-kick of theirs led to a hand-ball in the box, but they should never have even had the free kick in the first place. Cunts.

I was saying like, we can have a laugh about it because it's the Nations League final so who gives a fuck, but imagine if that happens in the World Cup final?
Then I remember, in the last World Cup final France got a penalty after a free-kick of theirs led to a hand-ball in the box, but they should never have even had the free kick in the first place. Cunts.
Belgium v Croatia in the World Cup Final would have been monumentally awesome

Really absurd interpretation of the law last night. Garcia wouldn't have tried to stop the ball had Mbappe not been there.

A similar thing happened a few years ago in a Liverpool/Spurs game. Kane was in an offside position when the ball was passed but the ball hit off Lovren and then Kane was awarded a penalty for being fouled after the ball came to him.
Yeah, good shout. Cancelled out another Salah wonder goal I’m pretty sure

Maybe I'm just hungry, but the Liverpool away kit looks like a bunch of Norn Iron cheese and onion crisp packets running around.

Maybe I'm just hungry, but the Liverpool away kit looks like a bunch of Norn Iron cheese and onion crisp packets running around.
The other team sorta looked like the original taytos bag

fccb92759fbb7314ab9eaeae9c66ded5.png

Ref was a wanker, dunno how the fuck that wasn't a peno for Atletico, it was almost a carbon copy of the one he gave to Liverpool 10 minutes earlier.
Ah now. If it was given, fair enough. Seen plenty of them over the years but it would have been harsh. First one he basically took him out from the side

Ref was a wanker, dunno how the fuck that wasn't a peno for Atletico, it was almost a carbon copy of the one he gave to Liverpool 10 minutes earlier.
Really clumsy by Jota on Geminez.
A really hollow win for Liverpool. Atletico fans should rightly be outraged.

The strange thing is the ref getting it right in real time and changing his mind on after reviewing it?!

The Atletico guy Hermoso was funnier though, he deliberately clattered Jota for no possible benefit.

The other team sorta looked like the original taytos bag

fccb92759fbb7314ab9eaeae9c66ded5.png
Looks like a Toasted Heretic record cover too!
I remember in 1979 you could get a bag of Tayto for 6p but the price went up to 10p in no time.
I haven't eaten Taytos for about 30 years and gave up eating any crisps long ago in the 2000's.
I am missing too many back teeth and they hurt my gums.
Paraguay, Sporting Gijon and Granada also have the same colours

I probably should have looked at the fixtures because i got roped in to see if Salah would do something cool (he did) and completely didn't realise that i could have been watching messi/mbappe. Fuckit PSG should sell a few shares to north korea and buy salah too. No other teams needed then.

Really clumsy by Jota on Geminez.
A really hollow win for Liverpool. Atletico fans should rightly be outraged.

The strange thing is the ref getting it right in real time and changing his mind on after reviewing it?!

The Atletico guy Hermoso was funnier though, he deliberately clattered Jota for no possible benefit.
hollow?

think you have to take these wins at face value. a very solid 3 points in a really difficult place to play againsta team who rarely concede 2 at home. Defence ropey at times no doubt, concerning a little. Conceding quite a few again on a regular basis. But a very good win tonight

hollow?

think you have to take these wins at face value. a very solid 3 points in a really difficult place to play againsta team who rarely concede 2 at home. Defence ropey at times no doubt, concerning a little. Conceding quite a few again on a regular basis. But a very good win tonight
only hollow cause the VAR and ref got it completely wrong for the Gimenez v Jota penalty decision.
Yeah, strictly as a result it's always super to win away in Spain especially against Atletico where it's fortress.

Liverpool are on a 20 odd match unbeaten run and are one of the best in Europe this season but defensively it was bad tonight.

I gotta be consistent about slagging refs for not using tech properly

Ah now. If it was given, fair enough. Seen plenty of them over the years but it would have been harsh. First one he basically took him out from the side
Didi Hamann called it right, when you see the replay from behind the goal it's really obvious Jota barges into the guy

Edit: Yeah it's mental that the ref got it right and then changed his decision, what the fuck was the reasoning behind that shit

Dragan Pantelic (1951 - 20 October 2021)
Passed away with Covid-19.
Goal scoring Yugoslav/Serb goalkeeper who played in 1982 World Cup (inc v N.I.) winning a total of 19 caps (2 goals).
Pantelic spent most of his career at Radnicki Nis where he scored 23 goals in 421 games. Apart from one goal scored from his own area the rest were penalties.
In 1981 he moved to Bordeaux but was banned in France for a year (translated Serb wiki says ''for shooting an assistant referee''). this prompted Bordeaux to play a match without a 'keeper in protest against another top side of the time Nantes. Bordeaux lost 6-0.

the above mentioned match NANTES 6-0 BORDEAUX , 7 May 1982 (without Dragan or any Bordeaux 'keeper)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back