2020-21 Football thread (4 Viewers)

Thank Christ Italy won.

Really don't need thirty years of utter shite coming out of Ian Wright et al. They talk enough shite as it is.

And props to Ronnie Whelan - that was a masterclass in misery. He was at his best. This guy is the Dunphy/Giles of the commentary world. That level of negativity was exactly what I expect from RW, but I felt like he ran up enough steam on it to tip it into into hex territory.

I usually don't like listening to Ronnie but the match was perfect for him and he intuitively called everything like it was. If he criticized England almost on cue they would take a minute to take a free kick and waste it.

Southgate throughout the tournament didn't get the best of the team and they always had at least another level in them that they never got to.

What a great tournament. Just want everyone needed after that past year of hell. And what happy ending for pretty much the entire planet.

Didn't watch the final. Couldnt risk seeing england being happy. Tuned in for the tears though. And there were MANY of those. The utter joy of it all.

Turned on ITV after RTE went off the air. Keane was essentially calling Sterling and Grealish cowards for not taking a penalty and allowing 19 year old Bukayo Saka to step up aead of them.

I feel a sorry for him, and a little bit for Sancho and Rashford, sent on with 2 minutes to go to specifically take penalties they only had 3 combined touched in that time. They were never in the game or able to find a rhythm before going into a really high pressure situation. Another area where Southgate got it wrong.

Still though.

LOL

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was looking for the ITV post match coverage with Keano, Gaz Neville and Wrighty:

then a few great videos loaded up automatically afterwards. Bonucci post match press conference:

Italian team back in Rome led by King Chiellini!

I didn't enjoy watching the shootout at all. I knew in advance that the lads who missed were going to get a rough time and very worried when I saw three black players not scoring.
immediately Rashford, Sancho and Saka got racist abuse online.

the match got off to a great start with huge applause and cheering for both teams taking the knee before kick off.
but now Boris Johnson is trying to have it both ways when he didn't support taking the knee, refused to condemn booing it and has a history of racism particularly in his journalism.
Gary Nev is among many not having it -

I really respected Tyrone Mings before but now he has ascended to awesome status in the last 24 hours.
C'mon the England players let's be having you, this what I'm talking about!
let's have 5 or 10 of you saying this stuff regularly and you'll win this Paddy over no problem -

also two Tories MPs have told the England players to concentrate on football not politics.
Natalie Elphicke and Andrew Rosindell have been roundly criticized. fuck off to both.

Come on Ireland - our lads need to get stuck in too

a lot of footage has emerged over the last ten days of how badly policed the Euros Final at Wembley was. A huge amount of people were on Wembley Way and in the vacinity of the stadium by mid afternoon. most of whom had no tickets and should have never gotten near the stadium.
there was a severe danger of a crush (think the Love Parade tragedy in Germany). standard practice for a major match is ring fencing a wide area around the stadium and fans showing their tickets at 2 or 3 check points before they get to the turnstiles. the match day organisers are lucky no one was killed otherwise they could now be facing manslaughter charges.
this has probably bollocksed the 2030 World Cup bid and it's incredible it was allowed to happen.

2020 football season still ain't over! I forgot about the 'lympics.
the women have been in action already inc. Sweden beating USA 3-0 and Barbra Banda Zambia's 21 year old captain scored a hat trick against Holland and her team still lost by 7 goals.

Rose Lavelle one of the world's best midfielders and one the most Irish looking people I've ever seen.

Premier League football club Wolves launch record label

Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club (Wolves) has teamed up with Warner Music UK’s Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA), the multi-award-winning label services division, to launch a ground-breaking new venture as the first UK football club to launch a record label.

The label, Wolves Records, is an ambitious and unique proposition that will unite two of the world’s biggest passions – music and football.

Wolves Records will see performing artists benefit from the reach of a Premier League football club’s global audience while also gaining access to ADA’s marketing and distribution expertise, giving unprecedented exposure and opportunities to emerging artists.

The label is already inviting track submissions from local, national and international solo acts, bands and producers for consideration via the website Wolves Records.

Fucking lucky France.
Mbappe was blantantly offside and directly involved in play before he scored.
One of the worst VAR decisions, I have seen.
If a final can be lost on such a decision, then just go back to the linesperson putting up the flag immediately.

The three matches in the Nations League Semis plus Final were great otherwise.
Was devasted for Belgium to blow a 2-0 lead against sworn enemies France the lucky fuckers.

Fucking lucky France.
Mbappe was blantantly offside and directly involved in play before he scored.
One of the worst VAR decisions, I have seen.
If a final can be lost on such a decision, then just go back to the linesperson putting up the flag immediately.

The three matches in the Nations League Semis plus Final were great otherwise.
Was devasted for Belgium to blow a 2-0 lead against sworn enemies France the lucky fuckers.

Really absurd interpretation of the law last night. Garcia wouldn't have tried to stop the ball had Mbappe not been there.

A similar thing happened a few years ago in a Liverpool/Spurs game. Kane was in an offside position when the ball was passed but the ball hit off Lovren and then Kane was awarded a penalty for being fouled after the ball came to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back