2020-21 Football thread (1 Viewer)

They're as bad as each other, the rugby and football bullshit.
In the last rugby World Cup, I was working during the first half of the final, then me and one of the lads from work went to this pub beside work to watch the second half. It was full of English fans over here for the weekend or whatever, and watching South Africa take them apart was fucking hilarious, there was one Scottish lad was laughing at them all haha.

Last night I watched the second half of the Copa America final. The Argies finally got another trophy, beating Brazil 1-0 in the Maracana, haaaa. Both teams were cheats, but it was hilarious watching some of the shit from Argentina to waste time towards the end of the game. Every time Neymar got the ball he got fucking hammered hahahaha.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

was watching longer highlights and it looked like blood and thunder stuff with Neymar even clattering a few guys himself. G'wan Messi.

A few people have said to me "oh I suppose you don't care about the football" being Irish and not liking football. I like to tell them "Well, really, this place isn't so bad when you lot are in a good mood".

Not supporting Engerland, just supporting my own mental wellbeing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

was watching longer highlights and it looked like blood and thunder stuff with Neymar even clattering a few guys himself. G'wan Messi.

Yeah, the second half was pretty deadly end to end shit with loads of crunches, haha. Neymar should have been booked for taking Di Maria out from behind when the Argies were on a dangerous counterattack, but hey, you can't book Neymar in the Maracana, right? (In fairness I reckon Messi would have got away with it too, any other player would get a yellow for it though)

Italy were overall the best team in the tournament and I'm delighted they won it. Even more delighted in the way they won it, hahahahaha.
They weren't particularly good against England, actually I think they miss Spinazzola on the left in a really big way, but they still got the job done like proper pros.

England played like Italy would have years ago, just pure negativity because they got one up. But it's not just this match, they've been pure negativity against any team that has challenged them. They deserve what they got, NOTHING, hahahaha.

Also utterly hilarious seeing Southgate send Rashford and Sancho on for the penalties and having them both miss, hahaha, utterly bizarre subs

for whatever reason the England team just didn't believe in themselves. Southgate's formation was again so defensive and rigid but they rarely hit Italy on the break, Southgate used the subs too late (again), often they weren't pressing, a free kick in the second half by Kalvin Phillips went backwards rather than into the box.
they got so many things wrong and after half time they were terrible and barely had a chance. they created so little despite having so much attacking talent (again) why was Kane playing so deep anyway?
why did lads not step up to take a penalty when a 19 year old who was almost unknown until last year volunteered ahead of them?

I've slagged off Pickford but he was ace - he had to be tonight. Grealish and Saka made a big difference but were on way too late. I'm not heartless and feel sorry for the guys who missed penalties. the shootouts at the tournament were really poor with nearly half the penalties being missed.

In fairness the English media have been quite reasonable in the aftermath of the match

Jorginho not being sent off for an OTT challenge was a big error. the other thing that stuck in my mind was on 47 mins Sterling went down in the area under a very similar challenge to the one that earned a penalty against Denmark. this time I actually thought it was a penalty and nothing was given...

the amount of subs allowed is a joke - Henderson tonight and Grealish against Denmark were both were subs who were later subbed themselves. it's a farce! both times it was for purely tactical reasons.

ahh Italy -
the first half looked ominous the couldn't breakdown England after the break England just sat back and defended badly. Chiesa Jr was ace and the auld lads defending was a joy to watch as ever.
the subs made a big impact and they deserved it over three weeks of fine football.
I am delighted for Mancini.

Yeah. Didn’t Utd try something similar in the Europa league final and it backfired.

delighted Italy won, deserved it completely. England and Southgate were shown up for what they are tonight. Or at least shown up for how limited they are with how Southgate restricts his team. So negative after the goal. No shots on target after it! Rubbish. With home advantage. After a relatively easy run of games. With limited or no travel for games. With other big teams misfiring in form. And more or less a fully fit squad. Italy travelling for all knock out games. That will have been the best chance for a long time for football to come home.

do feel for Saka. Reading about him recently, seems like a really sound young fella and unfortunately he’s going to get horrific abuse online. According to Twitter reports he already is. Poor lad. Think experience /bit of maturity is vital for those high stakes pens. Any practice is worth shit in the heat of the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back