2019 End of year lists (1 Viewer)

and the albums

even though I like a lot of the albums on there I've never not cared as much as this year. So much bloodless faux-academic explainer writing on why albums are important from the pitchfork content farm in a world where no one believes a word they say.

and the albums

even though I like a lot of the albums on there I've never not cared as much as this year. So much bloodless faux-academic explainer writing on why albums are important from the pitchfork content farm in a world where no one believes a word they say.

Do you know if the lists tally with the scores they give on the initial reviews?

Think Nick Cave might have been the highest rated album they reviewed this year? And he's outside the top 20. Although I suppose that review is just one person's opinion; albeit editor sanctioned.
I believe the score is decided by the editor or the editorial team (can't remember exactly), not the reviewer.

Boomkat after giving Michael O’Shea LP reissue of the year. Great to see.

For what it's worth, now that Ghost have turned into The Muppet Show I've decided to hang my hat on these guys

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah, whats the story with Ghost?
When I saw the pictures I was expecting really heavy abrasive music.
When I heard them it was arch pop metal with all the rough edges rounded off.
Are they some kind of post modern meta metal project?
......Lili knows all those micro genre names.

Right most of the lists seem to be out by now, or at least we're down to a trickle. So onto the important stuff. What are your best album/song/gig/other of the year??

Realistically I've listened to a lot of new albums this year once, said "oh that was very good" and barely revisited. It seems to be the way a lot of people listen to stuff these days.

My actual, probable best albums list based on what i've listened to repeatedly:

Trash Kit - Horizon
Orville Peck - Pony
Big Thief - Two Hands
Pixx - Small Mercies
Angel Olsen - All Mirrors

I d like to get around to listening to the Vampire Weekend, Billie Eilish, Solange, Charli XCX and FKA Twigs albums more than I have but I doubt I will.

and 100 gecs of course

and you @hermie ?

Album: Cate le Bon, Reward.
Song: Richard Dawson, 'Jogging'
Gig: Bjork @ 3Arena
Other good stuff - Thom Yorke's Anima on Netflix was amazing. Boards of Canada 'Societas X' mixtape. Stereolab reissues.
Honourable mentions - Jessica Pratt's Quiet Signs, Deerhunter's 'What Happens to People?', Hot Snakes @ Grand Social.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back