2019 End of year lists (1 Viewer)

These are the 2019 albums I bought.

Deerhunter - Why hasn't everything disappeared already
I like this. It's fairly normal, mainstream sounding compared to previous DH albums

Karen O & Danger mouse - Lux prima
It's pretty good. I must give it a few more listens.

Jenny Lewis - On the line.
Good album as well. Indie pop Americana. Great album cover.

Tamaryn - Dreaming the dark
Even more electro pop than cranekiss. Not as good. Needs more plays.

Drug dealer - Raw Honey
I really like the previous album, the end of comedy. It had a nice 70s laurel canyon, folky, yacht rock vibe. This one is dissapointing. Unmemorable songs. Again, it needs revisiting. But the initial reaction.....dull.

Foxygen- Seeing other people
I listened to this a good bit. It's uneven like all foxygen albums. (except for we are the 21st century ambassadors....) They need to up their quality control. Livin a lie might be my favorite song of 2019.

Death & Vanilla - Are you dreamer
Another D&V album. I always like the atmosphere they create, but I can't remember much of the actual songs. More plays needed.

Claypool Lennon delirium - South of reality
Tame impala-esque neo psychedelia with extra plickiddy plackiddy bass. Claypool is obviously a very good bass player, but I wouldn't be mad about his style. The less there is of it on the album the more I like it.

Prefuse 73 - Fudge beats (band camp download)
Herren's output has been patchy for a long time, but I like this one. In my opinion he is the best there is at instrumental Hip Hop flavored electronic music. Yes he is better than flying lotus.

Vampire Weekend - Father of the bride
I haven't listened to it yet.

Vanishing Twin - Age of immunology
Ditto. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Budos band - V
Groovy, Fuzzy Sabbath-esque riffs with loads of brass to the fore.

Marissa Nadler & Stephen Brodsky - Droneflower
Barely listened to it TBH. Very atmospheric from what I remember.

Favorite compilation.
I'm waiting on a few in the post but so far it's:
Sad about the times. Obscure tracks from the late 60s & early 70s. Described as " an exploration of 70s FM folk, soft rock, west coast jangle, power pop & late night jams"

I bought a few of the 3 CD compilations on Cherry red records as well.

Last edited:
According to Spotify 5 of my 10 most-listened-to songs of 2019 are by Billie Eilish. Her album is the first one in years that I sat down and listened to all the way through (and did nothing else at the same time)

I played 41 songs on Spotify in 2019, but I've forgotten my password again and can't be arsed.

The few 2019 albums I bought;

Richard Hawley- Further

Very good. Possibly his best in a while, but I haven't played it as much as I would have expected to. Must give it another go.

On a related note I got the Shakespear's Sister -Rides Again EP-(for the Hawley connection). Still in its shrink-wrap, but the main song is a good one.

Orville Peck -Pony
One of my favourite recent discoveries. Love the album and he didn't disappoint live.

This rambling Canadian is my fav tv program of 2019. Normally tool reviews, occasional moments of philosophy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Spotify has told me that a playlist i've been playing a lot this year contains songs that I listened to a lot this year. Thanks Spotify, truly big data knows me better than me.

Some 2019 favourites are:
Cate Le Bon (my Spotify of the decade; on-topic)
Aldous Harding
Gruff Rhys (to my surprise)
Mount Eerie
Trash Kit
Julia Jacklin
Kiwanuka
Richard Dawson
Lankum
Barry McCormack
Some of the Sampa the Great LP

Some 2019 favourites are:
Cate Le Bon (my Spotify of the decade; on-topic)
Aldous Harding
Gruff Rhys (to my surprise)
Mount Eerie
Trash Kit
Julia Jacklin
Kiwanuka
Richard Dawson
Lankum
Barry McCormack
Some of the Sampa the Great LP
Well look who it is.

Pulled a George Constanza after starting the Minor Complaints thread. All downhill after that.

Loving the spotify splurge all over social media. Turns out mates who you sort of think have almost identical tastes actually really don't at all. Also there's no hiding from what you actually listened to as opposed to what you feel is worthier or whatever.

I don't use it though so will have to do up a list the old fashioned way.

Loving the spotify splurge all over social media. Turns out mates who you sort of think have almost identical tastes actually really don't at all. Also there's no hiding from what you actually listened to as opposed to what you feel is worthier or whatever.

I don't use it though so will have to do up a list the old fashioned way.

I know what you mean. I want to tell everyone that my favourite album this year was the Purple Mountains one, and I do love it, but it turns out that I spent most of my time listening to Sublime and the Interrupters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back