2019 albums worth a listen..... (2 Viewers)

Am thoroughly enjoying the new Pixx album

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dream poppers. I just opened this can of kick ass. Strangely addictive and a kinda perfect for a Friday.

These two new re/releases on Music From Memory are floating my boat big time

and Curt Cress - Dschung Tek EP

Apartment House do Julius Eastman's Femenine. Out on Another Timbre.

Picked this up the other week. It's long but an unarduous listen. Pleasant background listen. Would be nice on a good speaker set, oh yeah. Minimal composition...eh, I mean modern classical.

There's a YouTube extract on that link above. No bandcamp, I think.

Interesting label, these Another Timbre lot. Apartment House are new to me, but if this is the sort of thing they're into doing, then beam me up.

Apartment House do Julius Eastman's Femenine. Out on Another Timbre.

Picked this up the other week. It's long but an unarduous listen. Pleasant background listen. Would be nice on a good speaker set, oh yeah. Minimal composition...eh, I mean modern classical.

There's a YouTube extract on that link above. No bandcamp, I think.

Interesting label, these Another Timbre lot. Apartment House are new to me, but if this is the sort of thing they're into doing, then beam me up.

Nice one- I have the version released on Frozen Reeds a few years ago, superb stuff. What a dreadful site though- did you order from there? hard to tell what format it is available on, CD I guess?

Anyways- i would also recommend checking out this interpretation of Eastman from Jace Clayton (aka DJ Rupture)

I read this fucked up story recently where Mary Jane Leach was doing a talk about his work and used the 'N' word a few times (because he used it in his song titles)- they then cancelled her concert because "discomfort, unease and violence was felt by many in the room as Leach invoked these titles" Public Apology Sure the world's gone mad altogether.

Final bit of Eastman trivia- he plays keyboard and is the voice that goes Baaaaaaannngggggg on Arthur Russell/Dinosaur L's Go Bang!

Nice one- I have the version released on Frozen Reeds a few years ago, superb stuff. What a dreadful site though- did you order from there? hard to tell what format it is available on, CD I guess?

Anyways- i would also recommend checking out this interpretation of Eastman from Jace Clayton (aka DJ Rupture)

I read this fucked up story recently where Mary Jane Leach was doing a talk about his work and used the 'N' word a few times (because he used it in his song titles)- they then cancelled her concert because "discomfort, unease and violence was felt by many in the room as Leach invoked these titles" Public Apology Sure the world's gone mad altogether.

Final bit of Eastman trivia- he plays keyboard and is the voice that goes Baaaaaaannngggggg on Arthur Russell/Dinosaur L's Go Bang!

No, I bought it in an unreal but extremely small-scale left-of-field record store called Ftarri in North-East Tokyo which also operates as a pivotal improv venue for all sorts of jazzers and Cageheads playing in combination with the Tokyo improv scenesters like Tetuzi Akiyami, Makoto Oshiro, Takehiro Kaweguchi.

He has a hat of that Another Timbre stuff at very good prices.

Anyway, that store is mental. Because the size is small, but you literally are stumped with decision-buying paralysis. And the guy is a pure sound middle-aged lad who sincerely disparages half the releases in the store. Not in some snobbish way, almost apologetically. "Actually this record is kind of boring. It's just people conversing on a street." I got some Zeitkratzer doing James Tenney in there recently too which is some intense just intonation carry-on.

I also bought this

Which seems like a no-brainer given the recent enthusiasm about him, but think I just prefer Morton Feldman. It was also out this year.

I'll check that out Shitepipe, cheers. The Rupture.

Yeah, I read that. Safe space mania for potentially offended audiences. The irony of trying to open something that would ordinarily be wrapped in cotton wool behind academic halls onto the public...they should have stuck to their guns. They disownered [dishonoured] the integrity of Eastman's work big time there.
Just ban everything, or stick it under Henry Fonda's nice clean hat.

I have that Dinosaur L 12"!

Last edited:
No, I bought it in an unreal but extremely small-scale left-of-field record store called Ftarri in North-East Tokyo which also operates as a pivotal improv venue for all sorts of jazzers and Cageheads playing in combination with the Tokyo improv scenesters like Tetuzi Akiyami, Makoto Oshiro, Takehiro Kaweguchi.

He has a hat of that Another Timbre stuff at very good prices.

Anyway, that store is mental. Because the size is small, but you literally are stumped with decision-buying paralysis. And the guy is a pure sound middle-aged lad who sincerely disparages half the releases in the store. Not in some snobbish way, almost apologetically. "Actually this record is kind of boring. It's just people conversing on a street." I got some Zeitkratzer doing James Tenney in there recently too which is some intense just intonation carry-on.

I also bought this

Which seems like a no-brainer given the recent enthusiasm about him, but think I just prefer Morton Feldman. It was also out this year.

I'll check that out Shitepipe, cheers. The Rupture.

Yeah, I read that. Safe space mania for potentially offended audiences. The irony of trying to open something that would ordinarily be wrapped in cotton wool behind academic halls onto the public...they should have stuck to their guns. They disownered [dishonoured] the integrity of Eastman's work big time there.
Just ban everything, or stick it under Henry Fonda's nice clean hat.

I have that Dinosaur L 12"!

Damn I love hearing about idiosyncratic Japanese music shops, they ain't making no concessions to post-1994 web design either FTARRI
AND it only opens 2 hours a day. Fucking gangbangers, gotta love em!

Haiduk - Exomancer (metal)

the new Wand record from a couple of months ago is basically a 90s radiohead album. Which sounds pretty good on first listen after about 7 songs to be fair but I really liked the old louder fuzzy Wand which seem to be no more judging by this

Some top class meandering jazz (?) from Joshua Abrams & Natural Information Society:

Modal, maybe? Wait, most jazz is modal.

I quite like '5' by Abrams old

Vinyl is long-gone, and cunts selling it for ridiculous prices on discogs.

Thankfully, Forced Exposure are promising a repress in September and October, so will be watching their ig feed like a hawk.

Cool video.

Music that just screams Thumped, circa 2008 anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back