2019 albums worth a listen..... (1 Viewer)

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads
YAY, heard they were back via their twitter. The lad from the band is doing that Large Mound thing of releasing a song a month under his own name, but Elizabeth was always the talented one in the band. Good to have them back.
some friends of mine are friends of theirs. must relay this quote when I see them next!

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
I was surprised by how much I liked the new Fennesz. Venice is the only one of his I really rate and this was certainly the first one since then that has made me want to listen again.

Also, really looking forward to getting the new Ulver and the Nodding God album from House of Mythology. I went on a big Ulver kick a few months ago and I’m in that zone.

prefuse

Threads
The new album by Death & Vanilla - Are you a dreamer?

Pretty much the same as all their other albums...well the rhythm section is more muscular & driving than on previous stuff. Worth a listen if you like that spooky, atmospheric, broadcast-esque sound.

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
The Ballet have a new album out today. It's really lovely. Very strong Magnetic Fields vibe from it

I remember about 10-15 years ago, possibly via myspace, sending away for their self-released Mattachine album, which I don't think ever got a general release. It was great, but I never heard a thing about them in the meantime, til today.

Mattachine is up on bandcamp

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
I really like this

"Combining the lulling ambiance of shoegaze with the iconic melodies and vocal prowess of classic American country music, outlaw cowboy, Orville Peck croons about love and loss from the badlands of North America. The resulting sound is entirely his own. He takes the listener down desert highways, through a world where worn out gamblers, road-dogs, and lovesick hustlers drift in and out of his masked gaze. "

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Anthology 2
    A Day In The Life - Anthology 2 Version
    The Beatles
    Anthology 2
  • Spotify Singles
    Dreams - Recorded at Spotify Studios NYC
    Japanese Breakfast
    Spotify Singles
  • Change
    Memory
    Cindy Wilson
    Change

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads