2019 albums worth a listen..... (1 Viewer)

dunderhead

Threads
mate brought my attention to the Brothers Nylon on youtube a couple of years ago. Think they would be liked by some folk around here. Upload loads of new original material to youtube on a regular basis and have a bunch of bandcamp releases as well as a couple of 7 inch releases and a 2XLP which is great. Dunno whats the story with them. Seem to have a shitload of old gear judging by the videos and make some great sounding music. Impossible to pin down to one genre. fusion of psych, funk, jazz, prog etc. Pure mixed bag really. But very interesting. In keeping with this thread, they have a new bandcamp release today called Library Strings, which is as the title suggests, a 70s sounding library LP.

couple of their more out there tunes

dunderhead

Threads
lads behind the eccentronic research council from a few years back got a more poppy project coming out. featuring singer from the soundcarriers. sounds good.

pavlos

Supporter
Threads
new julia kent came out last friday. It's gorgeous.

Good stuff, cheers! I've seen her name about but never heard anything by her (I think), so have been meaning to check her out. Listening now - reminiscent of Michael Nyman.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
Good stuff, cheers! I've seen her name about but never heard anything by her (I think), so have been meaning to check her out. Listening now - reminiscent of Michael Nyman.
You’ve probably heard her play on a bunch of things, she’s played on loads of people’s albums.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads