2018 albums worth a listen..... (2 Viewers)

I'm a big fan of these guys. Their last release was brilliant and they seem to be moving on again. Synths and repetitiveness is always a winner for me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

One of my favourite contemporary classical musicians. Resina has a great sound. This is out on 13071, Fat Cat sister label. Immense stuff.

Was very surprised to find myself really enjoying that Lets' Eat Grandma album

I was expecting more "avant garde pop" i.e. couldn't be bothered to write a song on top of a garageband loop of seagulls squawking or whatever, but it's actually got a lot of quiet psych stuff and kinda meditative grooves going on. Yeah, worth a shot, don't be put off by the reviews who want to tell you that the only way to listen to it is as an album literally about how teh menz don't take teenage girls seriously.

Go!Tsunami' latest is a crackerjack box of sunshine. I think @therealjohnny would appreciate

Shoegazey. Came out a few months ago.

Kale Plankieren - Dutch Cassette Rarities 1981 - 1987 Vol.2

i think i like this

ShadowParty are a band united by a fairly unusual circumstance, each member is a latter-day addition to a huge band, and here they’ve combined as synthpop’s answer to The Avengers.

The nucleus of the group formed when Josh Hager and Tom Chapman met in Boston, Massachusetts. Josh is a former member of The Rentals who currently plays guitar and keyboards in Devo. Tom Chapman is the former bass player of Bad Lieutenant who followed frontman Bernard Sumner to New Order in 2011 when the band reunited for a series of charity gigs. Completing the group are Phil Cunningham, Marion founding member and New Order’s guitarist since 2002, and drummer Jeff Friedl, who plays with Devo.

Newly signed to Mute, ShadowParty’s debut – recorded in Boston, LA, Manchester and Macclesfield – is an album that nods to those groups but exists in its own right entirely, a synth-pop album with guitars and strings, and guests including the incomparable vocalist Denise Johnson (Primal Scream, A Certain Ratio) and The Verve’s revered guitarist Nick McCabe.

It’s the sound of a blast. ShadowParty burst through your speakers; pulsing electronics get swept away with lush orchestrations, bold ‘80s-fused beats get carved up by haunting guitars and vocals tower through each moment, whispering sweet harmonies and unspoken despair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back