2018 albums worth a listen..... (1 Viewer)

An EP, not an LP, but worth a listen.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The latest album in a collaboration between Agathe Max and Luke Mawdsley, who is in Mugstar. Came out last week.

Got a full listen in yesterday after you posted it. Its on my list for sure, bit of a mood piece but thats a good thing.

I really like it, I think it's a big step up from their last one. They played in Dublin and Cork recently and I'm raging I missed it, there were great reports afterwards.

Magma -esq not sure I could listen to it all in one go though
From the same label..

sucker for these clay pipe music releases

Clay Pipe Music

Nightscapes recalls the feelings that are triggered and heightened by the dark hours. Recurring dreams, hypnagogic states, and half-sleep visions. The childhood sense of anticipation for the future that strikes in the middle of the night. The bittersweet feeling of waking up from a dream that has transported you back in time…

David Rothon is a musician from south London who has been involved in a variety of musical activities over the years, from garage bands to experimental spoken-word projects. These include a collaboration with Ian Masters (Pale Saints) as Sore & Steal and, more recently, Cloudier Skies with performer/chanteuse Claudia Barton, which was championed by Radio 3’sLate Junction.

David conjures up the hours between dusk and dawn by deploying a variety of instruments including pedal steel guitar, Mellotron, Omnichord, strings and cor anglais, as well as experimenting with unusual chord changes and voicings. Patching instruments through unexpected effects pedals, and running tracks out to cassette tape and back again, help bring an otherworldly ambience to the record. Parts of the album were semi-improvised, with melody lines developing from take to take, while field recordings and happy accidents led to serendipitous results.

Nightscapes takes you on a nocturnal journey – whether into your emotions and memories, or the sleeping world outside.

@pete

Specifically song 6

I think i heard that on Spotify a while back while looking for the original. It’s a pretty good cover, but not a patch on the real thing.

probably my most listened to international record this year.

Great melodies and pop and all. I sorta know them and they are sound but like, its as solid a debut album as you are gonna get. When its great, its great. The hotpress review was fiasco.

Dream Wife, by Dream Wife

I heard the lead single off this album ages ago on bbc6 I think..and then looked at a couple of yokes on youtube iirc
Funny, I heard them for the first time on BBC6 and then looked at youtube also! That was a long time ago - the album was majorly delayed for some reason.

Funny, I heard them for the first time on BBC6 and then looked at youtube also! That was a long time ago - the album was majorly delayed for some reason.
That first song was great..I just think the album is all a bit samey

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back