2017 albums worth a listen..... (1 Viewer)

Trying the BEST NEW MUSIC album by Priests. Seems good 1 track in:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

do tell me if i'm not supposed to like them for whatever reason though. (cc- @scutter )

I dunno. The blurb on pitchfork compared them to Savages which instantly put me off them. I had a listen to it yesterday and lost interest after 3 songs. Maybe I'll try it again. Or maybe I won't. I'll let you know. kbye

Perfectly acceptable to put a reissue in this thread
1093692.gif

Last edited:
It's a little bit 'indie-by-numbers' but it's also a really good song.

Plus he's from New Zealand, so very relevant to thumped since half the people here, are there, by a big horrible looking lake.

irish date just announced for april 30th

The Necks said:
NEW ALBUM "UNFOLD" OUT TOMORROW

We are delighted to announce the release of our next album, Unfold, a special edition vinyl and digital-only release on Ideologic Organ.

Unfold, a double LP, is something different from us - four improvisations, recorded live in the studio, with minimal overdubbing and post-production. Unfold has already received some glowing reviews, and online copies through Editions Mego, who are releasing it, are already sold out. Unfold can still be purchased in good record shops, of course, and we will be selling it on our imminent US tour while stock lasts. A new pressing is underway and should be available in early March.

All vinyl copies include a download code.

Here is what Ideologic Organ's press release says about Unfold:

Ideologic Organ is proud to present the brand-new recordings from The Necks, the legendary Australian trio who excel in bypassing musical cliche whilst exploring and extending the practices embedded within improvisation, jazz, post rock, ambient, minimal, and textural, ‘sound based’ music.

The latest document from this long-running ensemble, Unfold, presents itself as a double LP, with four side-length tracks. A deliberate absence of numbered sides hands a substantial swatch of participation over to the listener, allowing her to navigate his own path through the soundscape at hand. The shorter length of the vinyl format, far from being a constraint upon the members of the ensemble, instead offers them a more compact horizon to contemplate, wherein the distance travelled is recalibrated to more immediate and dynamic textural concerns.

The immediacy of Rise confirms this new path, as the mournful tones of Lloyd Swanton’s bass swirl around Chris Abrahams’ crystalline piano motif, with Tony Buck’s percussion steering proceedings into enlightening free-jazz territories. Blue Mountain cuts a swathe through the sonic undergrowth, with soul organ, rattling percussion, whistles, and loping sound-waves all vying for the foreground. Overheard retains a sublime melancholic aura as the percussion and keyboards simultaneously embrace and fall apart, whilst Timepiece skips along as a gentle gesture of further possibilities.

Exactly how The Necks conjure their particular magic - as deceptively simple as it seems - whilst always moving forward, is anyone’s guess, but Unfold proves yet again that rules and schools are to be broken and re-formed into patterns and frameworks unlike those we know.

QLZJDgC3QnHYjGgec6xoQ_O00NP8jEBPFuvnMfniyS2NuLlvQWC8n-92OrAv4aznYLkZyshbPW1Ex6XCzdRenggMk0KdfCg=s0-d-e1-ft

The Necks: Unfold SOMA025 2LP. Released by Ideologic Organ via Editions Mego.

Editions Mego website

Soundcloud

Bandcamp

start a reissues thread or i'll flood this place with t'pau reissue news
I did enjoy their singles at the time but I was only a child. I'm fascinated to find they have real, genuine fans who take them seriously. I will download and listen to this new 4cd follow up to the recent deluxe expanded reissues

Following a lavish reissue of their breakthrough album Bridge of Spies, British rock group T’Pau will release The Virgin Anthology, a four-disc companion piece of sorts to that reissue which chronicles the band’s hits and rarities.
Road To Your Dream: T’Pau Box Set Due in March

New Sinkane out today. His last album was amazing. So far this one isn't grabbing me as much but there are some great moments. Only on my first listen though

Technically 2015 and 2016

Sheer Mag 7" comp up on Spotify. Killer riffing on that last 7"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back