2017 albums worth a listen..... (1 Viewer)

Okay, here's one for the repetitive crew. Again, long swirls of percussion. I could listen to this for hours. Out last month.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Green Line by Gilroy Mere.

Another Clay Pipe Music release. I love everything about this label, primarily the music but the presentation/artwork of the records by Francis Castle is always a visual treat too. This particular record features a mixture of electronic and acoustic instrumentation with minimal vocals. Real hum of nostalgia to the record. Understandably so, the whole theme of the album is about the green buses that used to run from London out to the coast (they stopped running around the 70s or 80s). 1st pressing of 500 sold out almost immediately but the 2nd one will be out in a month or two apparently.

Just just dropped into my inbox this morning. Lovely Irish electronica. Nice male vocal and overall great production. Out in October 29th

God help me i'm listening to the new Killers album.
perfectly serviceable but suffers from sounding like The Killers.

The Man is great though

there's also a weird song that sounds like 2005 era Goldfrapp if they sang about loving God instead of S&M. Which is at least interesting.

Wow, really surprised to not see this in the chart. This is one of the finest releases from Ireland this year, Its mental and brilliant. I cant get over it.

The EP is exceptional in this listeners mind at least.

Just came across this, playing tomorrow in Trinners, a bit late notice, but there you go!

DAVY KEHOE & WAH WAH WINO

Relapse is proud to partner with Rock to the Future to offer our annual label sampler highlighting another year of incredible music from their eclectic roster, featuring the best dark and heavy music from around the globe. Ranging from death metal, black metal, doom, sludge, and grindcore to hard rock, electronic, synth, industrial, experimental, prog, and more, the sampler features over 30 tracks from metal legends like OBITUARY, DYING FETUS and INCANTATION to rising stars and sonic innovators MYRKUR, KING WOMAN, S U R V I V E and CLOAKROOM to new signees AUTHOR & PUNISHER, MIRACLE, GENOCIDE PACT, and TRAPPIST.

As always, the sampler is entirely FREE to stream and download however fans who choose to contribute to the pay-what-you-want model, will see 100% of the proceeds donated to Rock to the Future, a non-profit organization that provides music education for Philadelphia’s underserved youth at no cost to them or their families. Using music, their programs ignite passion and creativity, support academic achievement, and improve self-esteem by empowering individuals and strengthening local communities.

Commenting on the collaboration, Rock to the Future’s Development Director Katie Feeney stated:

"Rock to the Future is so excited to partner with Relapse Records this year to help prepare underserved Philadelphia youth for every stage in life through music education. Rock to the Future believes that music education should be as diverse as the kids we serve. By providing free to low-cost music experiences for under-resourced youth of all skill levels in Philadelphia, we inspire self-expression, build confidence, increase academic performance, and foster teamwork. Relapse Records will be supporting our mission this year through proceeds from their annual sampler and we are so grateful!"

Relapse is proud to partner with Rock to the Future to offer our annual label sampler highlighting another year of incredible music from their eclectic roster, featuring the best dark and heavy music from around the globe. Ranging from death metal, black metal, doom, sludge, and grindcore to hard rock, electronic, synth, industrial, experimental, prog, and more, the sampler features over 30 tracks from metal legends like OBITUARY, DYING FETUS and INCANTATION to rising stars and sonic innovators MYRKUR, KING WOMAN, S U R V I V E and CLOAKROOM to new signees AUTHOR & PUNISHER, MIRACLE, GENOCIDE PACT, and TRAPPIST.

As always, the sampler is entirely FREE to stream and download however fans who choose to contribute to the pay-what-you-want model, will see 100% of the proceeds donated to Rock to the Future, a non-profit organization that provides music education for Philadelphia’s underserved youth at no cost to them or their families. Using music, their programs ignite passion and creativity, support academic achievement, and improve self-esteem by empowering individuals and strengthening local communities.

Commenting on the collaboration, Rock to the Future’s Development Director Katie Feeney stated:

"Rock to the Future is so excited to partner with Relapse Records this year to help prepare underserved Philadelphia youth for every stage in life through music education. Rock to the Future believes that music education should be as diverse as the kids we serve. By providing free to low-cost music experiences for under-resourced youth of all skill levels in Philadelphia, we inspire self-expression, build confidence, increase academic performance, and foster teamwork. Relapse Records will be supporting our mission this year through proceeds from their annual sampler and we are so grateful!"

was just reading about Survive there. Apparently there's been a resurgence in interest in their stuff since they did the Stranger Things music.

S U R V I V E - HD015 - HOLODECK Records

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back