1991 (1 Viewer)

Unbelievable, Gary.

They are actually the ultimate NY art-rock guitar band article. I can imagine Page Hamilton learned a lot during his tenure.

I feel like there is a conspiracy against Robert Poss and Susan Stenger getting their dues.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1991 eh.. Badmotorfinger much?

Pulverising. Metal up yer ass with an antsy angel singing over it all. Your move, Damon Albarn.

Soundgarden were the full package of a certain package:

Last edited:
It's the only explanation.

I remember hearing hope against hope on Peel and buying it next visit to Caroline music in Belfast.

Funny enough,any time I hear My Bloody Valentine it makes me want to listen to Band Of Susans

Last 1991 from me. Major fist-pumping four in the morning stuff from me but never heard it on Clanbrassil St.

Not a bad year for music really.

BBC - 19 albums that define 1991

2 my my all-time favourites are in there (Blue Lines and Ultraworld). Didn't the second Something Happens album also come out that year? I think I remember hearing somewhere it was recorded in the same studio as Ten by Pearl Jam, just as they finished.

I never ever got Pearl jam.

interesting list - I was 10-11 in 1991.

no older brothers/sisters or cool cousins - I think it wasn’t until the following year that I started to pick up on music really

couple of favourites on there though

Says 90 on yt, but 91, I believe. Puts your Sonic Youths and your MBVs into a cocked hat.

Righteous guitars - the accumulation of Rhys Chatham, Glenn Branca etc into solid gold songwriting.

The opening (and indeed the rest) of “Plot Twist” - scorching.

I never ever got Pearl jam.

interesting list - I was 10-11 in 1991.

no older brothers/sisters or cool cousins - I think it wasn’t until the following year that I started to pick up on music really

couple of favourites on there though
for me Pearl Jam are to the 90's what Bon Jovi were to the mid late 80's, they simply don't bare comparison
with Nirvana or MBV or Superchunk or Band Of Susans or whatever

I was 16/17 in 1991 and have little fondness for the time.

in retrospect the best popular thing happening 30 years ago was rap. seeing The Geto Boys, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, Ice Cube, Ice T etc. on Yo! MTV Raps @ about 5pm on weekday afternoons was something I only really appreciated when I got much older.

Gish, Temple Of The Dog, Badmotorfinger, Marillion's holidays in eden, Slave To The Grind, The Black Album, Faith Hope Love.
Legend of a year. I was 19/20, in college having a great time. Finally got to see AC/DC, the first band I got into ten years earlier with my current fav band, King's X. Best gig ever. Went to Donnington, saw AC/DC again with Metallica, Motley Crue, Queensryche and er, The Black Crows (ok so it wasn't perfect). Saw My Bloody Valentine. Busy making music, making new friends. Life was music, music, music. Great days. Gearing up for '92 which was even more epic.

Jayzuz, It looks like a golden age compared to now.

#you know you're getting old.

And I have no problem with pearl jam.

Last edited:
wow technology

Prince-CD-w-fades.gif

Really struggling to find an band or artist who i like whose best album came out in 1991 actually.

Plenty of great albums and all but all that "tasteful" 90s rock production was really getting going at this point, and hip hop was splintering into dead end New Jack Swing on the pop end, Public Enemy taking a step back from the cutting edge, and G Funk still not really a thing yet.

Oh, and in regards what i was actually listening to, aged 7 I was probably still mostly listening to Atarahs Band doing Nutrocker from 1974, thank you parents.

for me Pearl Jam are to the 90's what Bon Jovi were to the mid late 80's, they simply don't bare comparison
with Nirvana or MBV or Superchunk or Band Of Susans or whatever

I was 16/17 in 1991 and have little fondness for the time.

in retrospect the best popular thing happening 30 years ago was rap. seeing The Geto Boys, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, Ice Cube, Ice T etc. on Yo! MTV Raps @ about 5pm on weekday afternoons was something I only really appreciated when I got much older.
On the nose - doing something blander and more AOR with the same component parts as some of their more interesting contemporaries

ok right so ANYWAY

the lad getting the autograph on the inside out Easons bag O'Connell Bridge? Who is he? Where is he now? Does he still have the Easons bag? or the scooter? Did he send a photo to thurston moore?

I think his name was Dermot. No idea how I met him but I did one band practice with him in City Arts Centre around 1993. He had a bunch of songs written and I had to sing his lyrics. It was very loud. Never saw him again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back