1984 Irish punk 'scene' report. Nazi bands and Skinhead gangs? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Vin
  • Start date
  • Replies 54
  • Views 20K
  • Watchers 7

Vin

March, 1984 'scene' report on the Irish punk scene:

[SIZE=-1]http://www.operationphoenixrecords.com/mrrissue12_15CarolinasGeorgiaIrelandandUKSceneReports.pdf

[/SIZE]
Mentions of irish nazi punk/Oi! bands:

The Abnormal.

Burning Cross.

Has anyone heard of them?

Plus, it mentions reasons for gig violence diminishing because of ''disbanding of some of the bigger skinhead gangs:''

Rattlesnacks.
Nun Attacks.
Scum.
Skullcaps.
F Troop.
Feet First.
Black Catholics.

Any info on these too?

I've only ever heard of the Black Cathoilcs. There's a thread on the forum at the moment about them.

The only other band I've heard of there are Nun Attacks.
I can't open pdf files for some reason,but is that an old MRR scene report?

The only other band I've heard of there are Nun Attacks.
I can't open pdf files for some reason,but is that an old MRR scene report?

Yeah, Maximum Rock and Roll issue 12, March 1984.

Were Nun Attacks a band or a ''skinhead gang''? Or a bit of both? :p

March, 1984 'scene' report on the Irish punk scene:[SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE]
Mentions of irish nazi punk/Oi! bands:

The Abnormal.

Burning Cross.

http://irishrock.org/ipnw/help.html

Irish Punk and New Wave Discography looking for info too:

Bands I need more info about...

Most of these bands have no entry yet, some only a skeletal entry. I need basic
bio info about these bands. If you remember anything about any of them, then
please get in touch.

The Abnormal -- Dublin punk c1982-83

The zine archive on the operation phoenix site is a great resource. A similar online archive for Irish fanzines would be very welcome, especially the older ones which are hard to track down . . . I wish I could say I have a large pile of old zines waiting to be scanned but I don't, just a few things, but I'd be willing to make PDFs if someone can host them and others are willing to do the same??? They can be a great source of information but they sell for stupid prices on ebay now.

This Nazi Punk song is amazing:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not the Nine O Clock News rules! Most of their songs are amazing actually. Check out the ska one and the truckers one if there's links to that on there.

Ah fuck that, it was working a minute ago. Just search on YouTube for "Not the Nine O Clock News Nazi" sure and it should come up.

I seriously doubt that Nun Attax were nazis.
must be some other crowd. there's no way nun attax could've been mistaken for skinheads or nazis. on the topic of nun attax, there's a deadly documentary on giordai ua laoghaire here ... [ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8506414122127399745&q=Giordai&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0"]May Fame[/ame]
... giordai mainly moves in sound art circles these days. i have a copy of an audio documentary ucc campus radio made on finbarr donnelly a few years back lying around somewhere too ... i can upload it if anyone wants a copy

Abnormal used to practice in my old dears garage.

That dude says Abnormal were a racist band which they may well have been although I'm not so sure.There was'nt much point in being a racist in coolock in the early 80's.There was only white doley heads in the gaf for a start.I'm gonna have to make some inquiries about this.

must be some other crowd. there's no way nun attax could've been mistaken for skinheads or nazis. on the topic of nun attax, there's a deadly documentary on giordai ua laoghaire here ... May Fame
... giordai mainly moves in sound art circles these days. i have a copy of an audio documentary ucc campus radio made on finbarr donnelly a few years back lying around somewhere too ... i can upload it if anyone wants a copy

thats not the geezer from 9 wassies from bainne is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back