(01) 7061200 - Marketing spam phonecall (1 Viewer)

pissypants

Just got a call from this number, and they wanted me to answer an opinion poll.

When I asked they said they didn't get my number from anyone and that the number is randomly generated. But I smell a rat.

There's 9,999,999 possible numbers for each of Irelands networks, and say 7 different networks I can think of off the top of my head, so that's about 70 Million numbers it's got to choose from. So even with computer dialing, that's got to be an impractically large amount of wasted dial time for this to make sense.

Bottom line:
Fuck these guys.

There's 9,999,999 possible numbers for each of Irelands networks, and say 7 different networks I can think of off the top of my head, so that's about 70 Million numbers it's got to choose from. So even with computer dialing, that's got to be an impractically large amount of wasted dial time for this to make sense.

Nah, I don't think spammers wardial every number possible. I'm guessing they use the public number allocation lists that are available online. Stick '01' as the STD here and you'll see all the assigned allocations which should in theory be the number ranges with most success for wannabe spammers. Numbering Search - ComReg

3 Single Sign On Service

DprEz63.png

Hi guys!

I work in the Ipsos MRBI market research call centre and this number is the number we call from. It's and outbound line so that's why you can't call it back. If you took the time to google MRBI it will direct you to their website which has our number that you can call if you have any questions. We are a legitimate market research company and we do these surveys to try and improve your products and services. It is not a scam and all data protection laws are abided by. It would be helpful if you didn't spread lies about what we are doing because we're just trying to do a job. I lost a call today because someone Google'd the number and said it was unsafe. The call centre is based in Blackrock in Dublin. Ipsos do market research all over the world. Please educate yourselves.

5354333_orig.jpg

Hi guys!

I work in the Ipsos MRBI market research call centre and this number is the number we call from. It's and outbound line so that's why you can't call it back. If you took the time to google MRBI it will direct you to their website which has our number that you can call if you have any questions. We are a legitimate market research company and we do these surveys to try and improve your products and services. It is not a scam and all data protection laws are abided by. It would be helpful if you didn't spread lies about what we are doing because we're just trying to do a job. I lost a call today because someone Google'd the number and said it was unsafe. The call centre is based in Blackrock in Dublin. Ipsos do market research all over the world. Please educate yourselves.

still not gonna answer

This reminds me of those times a writer when they get a negative review, decides to complain about it and argue. And the end of the post "please educate yourselves", superb.

I think this might be might be a job where you don't want to get too annoyed at knock backs and criticism because it is going to happen and it will happen frequently. Just move on to the next call and forget about it, twamsandwich. A lot of people don't like unsolicited calls so you'll get knock backs.

The problem expressed in the opening post is when asked "how they got the number", they were told it was " randomly generated", this is a bit disconcerting as explained in the opening post, the logic of randomly generating a phone number. Maybe the phoner could have better explained how the number had been selected for dialing rather than just saying it was randomly generated.

Hi guys!

By "we are a legitimate market research company" you actually mean "we suck your time for no reward to profit ourselves by making unsolicited phonecalls". And for the record saying you are "really fucking annoying time vampires who should go fuck themselves" is not a lie. You really should. And you're based in Blackrock you say? Whoopeedoo! I couldn't give a kipper's dick if your office is nestled majestically in the sacred anus of our lord jesus christ. And you do research all over the world? So does ISIS. Coincidence?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back