¡Popicália! #1 - Tieranniesaur, Hired Hands and Lie Ins (02/09/10) (1 Viewer)

It's very easy to find, Scutter. Can't miss it.

Lie Ins lookalike competition: 8:30PM
Lie Ins: 9PM
and so on and so forth, I'd say.

I'd like to go to this, Tom Petty or no Tom Petty. oh well.

stupid job

I have a work do as well, but I can't go to that either BECAUSE OF WORK.

So, any update on stage times? Would like to make it along but I'm getting old and I'll be cranky in work tomorrow if I'm up past my bedtime.

Lie Ins 9
Tieranniesaur 9:45
Hired Hands 10:30

or thereabouts.
We're going until 12:30 with spinning decks of fire if the Neil Hamburger folks fancy calling along.

I hope it doesn't upgrade to the flu at the picnic or might have to download a patch

In the aforementioned Tom Petty doc there's that stereotypical bit where, as they rise to stardom, all the magazine covers start spinning towards the screen. One of the headlines is 'Not just a Petty face!'

Made me laugh anyway. Hope to see some of you tonight!

Lie Ins 9
Tieranniesaur 9:45
Hired Hands 10:30

or thereabouts.
We're going until 12:30 with spinning decks of fire if the Neil Hamburger folks fancy calling along.

Thanks Moods. And the chances of everyone playing at those times? Want to see Hired Hands but I turn into a pumpkin around 11.30.

I have to say that was a sterling line-up, Tieranniesaur's funk and afrobeat inflected pop reminded me of Tom Tom Club with a dash of Le Tigre. They have a really energetic live sound, perfect for dancing to. Sketch! stood out for me but that might only be because I've heard it before, very strong set and that "tribute" to Jurassic Park was magnifique.
Hired Hands are the only band you'll ever need. To my ears they've taken all that's good and interesting from "indie" the last decade or so and stirred it all up together. I'd LOVE to see Hired Hands and Tieranniesaur do a live collaboration sometime, although they'd need a fairly big stage. Lie Ins were, as always, charming, fun and bittersweet in roughly equal parts. That stripped down sound, recalling the era on the cusp of rock really highlights Mike's song writing abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back