The Internet is ruining music (1 Viewer)

Theseus Mock

Solutions
http://altreport.hipsterrunoff.com/...ivers-annual-anti-music-blogosphere-rant.html

Cliffnotes on his speech:

* Goes on an anti- Hype Machine rant since the Hype Machine has become an inauthentic aggregator of mp3s that tries to act like it is ‘pure’ and ‘in it for the right reasons’
* Indie rock needs to die
* Blogs / tweeters who ‘want 2 be first’ ruin quality writing + force low level memes
* To try to differentiate, shitty blogs cover shitty bands in order to try to be ‘first’ to break them ‘in case they get big.’
* It doesn’t matter what u write, as long as it is Search Engine Optimized. Just ‘playing mad libs with google trends.’
* It is impossible to ’stumble’ upon good new music because websites are not progressive enough 2 present something new, rely on the same buzzbands over and over again.
* Musicians can’t just make music, they have to ‘produce content / memes’ in order to be covered.
* Pitchfork + Blogs don’t post negative commentary because they are afraid of pissing off record labels
* Blog sites are ‘in the hands’ of record labels to get exclusive content

Thanks Internet!

Surely you could've aimed most of the same rant at the music magazines 10 or 15 years ago? Except the speed of the whole feedback loop is vastly accelerated on the internet.

But music magazines do and did give bad reviews to stuff. Also, music magazines didn't need to be first, just need articles of substance on new and upcoming bands.
I just want Select magazine back guys, that's all I want. :(

forget about it. Music is music.
This thread title should be, "The internet is ruining the chances of some asshole becoming an assshole on a global/regional scale"

forget about it. Music is music.
This thread title should be, "The internet is ruining the chances of some asshole becoming an assshole on a global/regional scale"

If only we'd had it 30 years ago, we'd have been spared the sanctimonious cuntitude of Bono and Bob Geldof.

But music magazines do and did give bad reviews to stuff. Also, music magazines didn't need to be first, just need articles of substance on new and upcoming bands.
I just want Select magazine back guys, that's all I want. :(

i'll give anyone a shit review if they want it - it'll cost you though and may never actually be read.|..|
leigh

i'll give anyone a shit review if they want it - it'll cost you though and may never actually be read.|..|
leigh

Did that shit Aussie dude end up suing you for defamation? (or did he dub it 'deflamation'?!) Could use the search button but I'm not arsed :)

What THE FUCK?

What is this bullshit?????

Who gives a fuck what any cunt says about anything??

When I was growing up,everyone(my bro's n sis) read fucking NME or Melody Maker EVERY week.Only because,they wanted music,but that was as close as they could get.

No one gives a fuck about what some middle class graduate who dosent rock has to say about rock'n;roll.

NO ONE.

nicely said gaz. let's all listen to this whiny, effeminate, over-employed yank complaining about non-journos having an opinion on music. OH WAIT NO.
isn't it a law of nature that professional music journos are the last people to know about good music?

No one should be allowed to give speeches dressed like that unless they're obviously geniuses. He should have hired a comedian to give the speech and make his points in an actual funny way.

also he needs a new voice.

otherwise, he probably has a point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back