MBV ATP - any reports? (1 Viewer)

I thought they were great. Only saw the Friday night though. They were a little more disorganised/ less tight than I'd seen them at the Manchester reunion gig but still sounded great. Shields was talking to the crowd which was weird.

Saw MBV every night and thought they were great. Didn't have the same impact as it did the first time I saw them though.

Everything paled into insignificance compared to Fucked Up though. Best. Show. Ever.

Heard it's shit. Full of Brits. Everything is wet. You can't get any good Falafel and there aren't enough Jazz fusion bands. Most people want to come home early but the Ryanair flights are only available if you agree to have a 747 shaped drilldo rammed in your anus and set on Hammer. Apparently many are weighing up the pros and cons because the English keep sining "it's coming home it's coming home" and going on about getting a replay against Argentina in a mocking tone. It's all gone tits up and MBV keep doing Cast and Ocean Colour Scene covers and playing accoustic sets.

That's what I heard.

Yes thats why I'm giving you an accurate unbiased report on a festival that I'm not at, based on first hand accounts that I haven't heard and facts that don't exist. My Ra membership card is in the post by the way, can't wait to get down to some liberating my brethren with my new "car bombings for dummies" work book which came as part of the new introductory provo offer that you can find at

www.gerryadamsmotasscarenow.ira/joinnowgetafreetricolourdrilldo

MBV were better each night, I thought. A good bit quieter last night so you could actually hear some singing. Other than that, a lot of bands well past their best. Mascis and his amazing and enormous bassist was great. I enjoyed some Pastels, EPMD, and Fucked Up too. No good hangout places to compare with the Queen Vic in Minehead. Wouldn't be in a rush back.

MBV were better each night, I thought. A good bit quieter last night so you could actually hear some singing. Other than that, a lot of bands well past their best. Mascis and his amazing and enormous bassist was great. I enjoyed some Pastels, EPMD, and Fucked Up too. No good hangout places to compare with the Queen Vic in Minehead. Wouldn't be in a rush back.

This is the big problem I have with Minehead. If you're not actually watching a band it's completely crap.

This is the big problem I have with Minehead. If you're not actually watching a band it's completely crap.

Aye. And there were big sections of the bill where I'd not much interest in the bands onstage. Yawn.

I thought it was great, enjoyed veryone I saw, thought Lightning Bolt were immense, you get out what you put in.

You get out what you put in? How does that make sense? Unless you just go to nothing. Surely you enjoy or do not enjoy depending on your taste?

You get out what you put in? How does that make sense? Unless you just go to nothing. Surely you enjoy or do not enjoy depending on your taste?

I kind of know what Big Homeless means. Was at an amazing Radiohead gig a few years ago, where these dudes were hanging at the back, holding their coats and drinking crap beer, while giving out about how disappointing it all was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back