Beards and interviews? (1 Viewer)

Space

is deep
Supporter
Solutions
So are beards acceptable at interviews these days?

I'm wondering should I be clean shaven or stay the way I am. I've only been for one informal interview in my life so I'm a bit new to this stuff.

A trim would be advisable. Came out of an interview last week thinking I did alright but haven't heard a thing back since. Could it be because I had a beard like Moqtada al Sadr? Who knows...

Programming/GIS type stuff.

Based on other programmers I'd say you'd be fine. Just give it a trim.

rms-20070401.jpeg

I shaved mine off for an interview and didn't get the job. Moral of the story is, don't shave off the beard unless you're guaranteed the job if you do.

a bit of a trim should do the trick.

i had an interview for a runner position on Monday and i got it with my trim beard. coz it certainly wasnt from the hungover-comedown-shite spewing from my mouth.

Well tended facial hair is de riguer in all built environment professional jobs(GIS counts in this category IMO). I'd feel underdressed without it. Good to know I chose a career path where it's obligatory for both genders to have whiskers once they hit 50.

Well tended facial hair is de riguer in all built environment professional jobs(GIS counts in this category IMO). I'd feel underdressed without it. Good to know I chose a career path where it's obligatory for both genders to have whiskers once they hit 50.

You're hardly 50 are ya? Anyways I went for the #2 trim and me ma says it'll be grand.

just shave it and leave a tache and if anyone brings it up just say that you always had it, even before it was cool.

"when can you start?"

i had an interview yesterday. on impulse i ran into a shop just beforehand and bought a tie and i think it might have worked too well, they must think im too good to be true because as well as checking out my references they now want to send a photo of me to my former employers to confirm that i am who i say i am and not some chancer stealing my identity from someone else

i had an interview yesterday. on impulse i ran into a shop just beforehand and bought a tie and i think it might have worked too well, they must think im too good to be true because as well as checking out my references they now want to send a photo of me to my former employers to confirm that i am who i say i am and not some chancer stealing my identity from someone else

well most of my recent interviews have asked for me to bring my passport, apparently different places have had problems with one person going for the interview and then another turning up to start the job, this is obviously in larger companies. I constantly worry about having fuckin dreadlocks and whether i should get rid of em or not, but since i work in social work i would hope they wouldn't be so dicky about appearances, i still wear a snazzy suit for interviews and since i just got a job today it cant be that bad.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back