car insurrance (1 Viewer)

Quinn are cheap, but they do fuck all for you. Get as many quotes as possible, then start playing the lowest against each other.

car insurance is a funny business. I got mine with this year FBD for approx 800 quid. I was already with them but I still shopped around and the next best quote I could get was 1100. www.fbd.ie.

Online quotes can vary from phone quotes. And sometimes a broker can get you cheaper than going direct to the insurance company themselves.

Just get a quote from one insurance company, then ring the next and ask if they can beat it. and keep doing that till you have rung them all. as far as I know prices are somewhat negotiable.

my mate got cheap insurance off these lads before. www.brittoninsurance.com

really don't know what to expect. some friends told me it's gonna be 1500€
the car is ford fiesta 97, small engine, and i have a full licence for 5 years.
the only problem is that i'm foreigner or what?

really don't know what to expect. some friends told me it's gonna be 1500€
the car is ford fiesta 97, small engine, and i have a full licence for 5 years.
the only problem is that i'm foreigner or what?

It shouldnt be a huge problem that your not irish. As long as you have stuff from your last country to say that you have been insured before.

A friend of mine is South African and had no problem with insurance as she had a letter to say that she had been insured before. She got it cheap too.

The big factors are
1. age (over 25 i think is where it starts coming down.
2. insured experience ( 5 years full license + 5 years no claims is better )
3. type of car (not necessarily engine size).

I had a corolla with a 1.3 and the insurance was high, not cos of the size of the engine but because lots of young fellas have corollas and young fellas crash alot, so corollas have a higher premium. Well that's what someone slightly more knowledgeable than me said.

Slightly off topic but my insurance policy went up this year because I have a few penalty points for speeding. Do Gardai have to abide by the laws of the road? I ask because they all drive around at break-neck speeds up the hard shoulder without their sirens on (i.e. not in any emergency). Surely their disregard is just as dangerous as any experienced driver doing the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back