What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse

Going to have to see this again. Spent so much time going HOLY SHIT THIS LOOKS SO FUCKIN GOOD that I'm sure i missed loads of what was going on, but HOLY SHIT IT LOOKS SO FUCKIN GOOD.
Also has possibly the best ever cameo/Easter egg/meta Easter egg wrapped in a cameo ever

Obviously don’t look at this until you’ve seen the movie

Seriously, don’t
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

wise blood. john huston. they don't them like this anymore. mad movie. don't know that i actually enjoyed watching it but i enjoy remembering it. started watching the treasure of sierra madre, will continue later

Russian Ark (2002)

A 90 minute one shot film/tour around the Winter Palace/Russian history. They got it on the third go.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Been meaning to watch that at some point. The Hermitage absolutely fucking rules, an art gallery that is itself a work of art. It's fuckin massive too, I spent like 4 hours there and probably saw about a third of it. The golden rooms in there, I dunno if any camera can capture how awesome they are.

Edit: At the end of the film do they have Vlad and the lads come in and start shooting people, hahaha

Knew nothing about this going in. Fucking hell.

Oh, I'd love to have gone to that. I love Hereditary and am always surprised when people say they hate it. I expected to love Midsommar but there were too many "seen it all before" scenes and I really really disliked every character. I've tried to rewatch it but all think" Not these cunts" and give up. I'm told it's amazing on the big screen though.
I really liked Midsomar. Been meaning to rewatch it. The characters aren’t likeable but there were a load of scenes that really stuck with me.

He has a new one out called Beau is Afraid. Really want to see it.

Watched Skinamarink last night. It’s very slow moving but really well done. I watched it late last night on my phone with headphones in. Turns out it’s a really good way to watch it. Also, 10 minutes into it my son randomly decided to throw a football down the stairs which scared the shit out of me

Been meaning to watch that at some point. The Hermitage absolutely fucking rules, an art gallery that is itself a work of art. It's fuckin massive too, I spent like 4 hours there and probably saw about a third of it. The golden rooms in there, I dunno if any camera can capture how awesome they are.

Edit: At the end of the film do they have Vlad and the lads come in and start shooting people, hahaha
It's shot on digital camera, so isn't as luxurious looking as it could be. Font for the subtitles are pure shite. It's cool though.

Full Time.
Contender for most stressful film of the year, this is one hard watch. It's about a woman juggling her full time job in a 5-star hotel in Paris with bringing up 2 kids out in the country whilst she is also applying for better jobs, all in the middle of a public transport strike.
It's fuckin greaaaaat, and the lead woman is amazin. This is wayyyyyy more stressful than something like Uncut Gems though, because it actually feels like real people. Also, the soundtrack here is basically recorded tension. It's actually really hard to watch!

There's a great bit where she's cleaning in the hotel and one of the other cleaners calls her to deal with a 'Bobby Sands' hahahaha
This is brilliant. Great recommendation

Evil Dead Rise. Good for what it was. Better than the (irish) director's last effort - The Hole in the Ground. Some nice tension, respectful to the lore, good kills and decent practical effects. Deadites are just deadly movie monsters aren't they? Not very effective, as they keep getting beaten by dumb humans, but there's no limits to the cool shit they can do.

School of Fear (Germany, 1979)
Good but I don't know how much I liked it. Asshole boarding school lads and a ridiculous copper.
A teenager named Kurrat mysteriously disappears from a German boys’ school. Then a teacher is found dead; the mystery grows.

Fantastic Planet (France, 1973)
Animated french thing, very good.
On the planet Ygam, the Draags, extremely technologically and spiritually advanced blue humanoids, consider the tiny Oms, human beings descendants of Terra’s inhabitants, as ignorant animals. Those who live in slavery are treated as simple pets and used to entertain Draag children; those who live hidden in the hostile wilderness of the planet are periodically hunted and ruthlessly slaughtered as if they were vermin.

Sun, Hay, Berries (1983, Czechoslovakia)
A very silly and entertaining comedy, I loved it.
A Czech agricultural student, Šimon Plánička, arrives at the small South Bohemian town of Hoštice, and joins the local JZD (agricultural co-op) with the intention of trying out his experiment regarding the “Milk yield of cows in regards to a cultured environment”. He runs into difficulty with the directorship of the JZD, but he finds them eager to help once they hear he’s the son of the local agricultural commissioner, as his last name is also Plánička. Blažena Škopková is given the task of finding out how things are looking. However everything is complicated by the jealousy of Blažena’s boyfriend Venca.

Sun, Hay and a Couple of Slaps (1989, Czechoslovakia)
For a second time this film leads us to the village in South Bohemia. We meet again Konopnik family and Skopek family. Venca Konopnik is marrying Blazena Skopek but there is another woman Milada who is very jealous and she is spreading gossips about Venca Konopnik. Those gossips are so powerful that they lead to big fights between Konopnik and Skopek families. You will also see what a progress on milk-yielding-cows-project has been made.
Not quite as good as the first one but still very amusing and silly. There's a third one I'm trying to track down called Sun, Hay, Erotica where they all go to Italy.

27412-sun-hay-berries-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

The Sheriff Behind Bars (1966)
A dramatic story from the setting of a youth de tention center. Youngster Jakub, out of delusory solidarity, gets convicted of theft and goes to prison in place ofthe “sheriff” of his gang. He naively hopes that the sheriff will appreciate his gesture and leaves the stolen goods in a safe hideaway to later divide them fairly among the gang members.
Moralistic Czechoslovakian thing. If you do get in to trouble then take the advice of the kindly prison officers, is the message. Pretty good.

Symptoms (1974)
A young woman is invited by her girlfriend, who lives in an English country mansion, to stay there with her. The estate, however, isn’t quite what it seems–and neither is the friend who issued the invitation.
Weird and nasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back