Staying off the drink (1 Viewer)

Does eating Christmas pudding mean you've fallen off the wagon?

I had some for dessert...there must have been half a bottle of whiskey in it....

I'm thinking I'll do a dry January; I didn't drink much over Chrimbo as I was sick and/or working, so that was a good deterrent, plus the older I get the less patience I have for going out at all anyway.
I was looking at One Year No Beer the other day, has anyone tried that?

Jaysus seeing my earnest post this time last year about hangovers and quitting boozing for good.

That said, I drank less than I ever have this year. I'm now a proud three pint wonder.

You lot should hang with me,lost track of how long it's been,no desire to at all,ever.

(although other than that in fairness,I'm a boring bastard with taste that probably would not compliment well)

i don't like having to drink only orange juice most of the time when i'm out but fizzy drinks are yucko.
having said that i don't go out much.
businesses hate serving water unfortunately.
actually if i go to gigs i avoid drinking anything as much as possible because i have a 2 hour 20 minute journey home and don't get home until 3:20 am.

Inspired by Benny Cake’s update in the smoking thread, my update is that I am still off the booze. And also not dead (except on the inside, which is unchanged).

No idea how long it’s been, just quit that time two or three years ago – somewhere back in this thread - and never went back on it.

One of the best things I’ve done as an adult. Everything else is easier; from health to money to relationships.
Ymmv obv.

Fair play to y’all that love your few pints and long may you sink them, but for those considering quitting as a life improvement, it’s a very possible route.

Last edited:
Inspired by Benny Cake’s update in the smoking thread, my update I am still off the booze.
No idea how long it’s been, just quit that time two or three years ago – somewhere back in this thread - and never went back on it.

One of the best things I’ve done as an adult. Everything else is easier; from health to money to relationships.
Ymmv obv.

Fair play to y’all that love your few pints and long may you sink them, but for those considering quitting as a life improvement, it’s a very possible route.

Fair play, glad to hear it's working out for you. Definitely a lot more people I know doing it lately, but then I do know a lot of big drinkers...

Gotta say, it's a goddamn glorious time to be alive with all these alcohol free beers
Kaliber was shit. But Heineken 0 and a bunch of others are actually decent.

I have barely had a drink in years; it's lost all appeal to me. But on the few times I do need to be in a pub or actually want the taste of beer, now I have these things.

Gotta say, it's a goddamn glorious time to be alive with all these alcohol free beers

I have barely had a drink in years; it's lost all appeal to me. But on the few times I do need to be in a pub or actually want the taste of beer, now I have these things.
Heineken zero is not decent.

Try https://shop.mikkeller.dk/collections/low-alcohol

Have to say I’m in agreement with you. I haven’t given up drinking but I’m more than happy enough to go on a night out and just drink nonalcoholic Guinness or Heineken. I’ve cut down the amount of alcohol I drink a lot because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back