Bard from Google (1 Viewer)

Deadmanposting

Supporter
Google wrote me earlier
I am on the waitlist for some new AI thing from Google

Man, we are about three years away from not being able to remember life before these AI bots

This is gonna read like a thread going "Anyone heard of Facebook?"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230321-121400.png
    Screenshot_20230321-121400.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 7
It might be not the google one, but I'd kinda suspect one of them will emerge like google did from the search engines, mostly to aide in a sedintary lifestyle and the selling of ads of course.

It might be not the google one, but I'd kinda suspect one of them will emerge like google did from the search engines, mostly to aide in a sedintary lifestyle and the selling of ads of course.

My feeling is that it's gonna kill the likes of recipe bloggers and so on

The things you search google for that people provide now like "what is a good vegan breakfast?" or whatever
I think people are gonna rely more and more on what the AI says rather than visiting Amy's Happy Vegan page or whatever

Obviously more than recipe bloggers will be affected; I just don't have a great imagination

Oh it's gonna kill a lot of tech dependent jobs fast, call centres are as good as gone.
Programmers wont have too long to go either.
Some stock exchange fuckery for sure.
Then there is gonna be a bit of a techy infowar deal once the western economy starts leaning on it.
Blogging and writing for hire in big bother too for sure.

John Connor : Whatever! Either we go, and save her Dad, or so much for the Great John Conner. Because your future, my destiny, I want no part in it, I never did.

Terminator : Based on your pupil dilation, skin temperature, and motor functions, I calculate an 83% probability that you will not pull the trigger.

In a year or two you'll call up to try and get your internet fixed and some prick of a robot will be analysing your breathing and voice tone and stuff and replying in a voice picked out to calm you down.

Of course knowing that the computer knows all this and is doing it will send me catatonic with rage.

thread hijack - why haven't 3D printers taken off the way people said they would? the 'prints' aren't sturdy enough?
Lots of unglamorous applications like machine parts and weaponry being made with 3-D printers afaik
They hit a bump with supply chain shit in the pandemic like everyone else

But it defo hasn't been a 'print yourself a new table at home' kind of revolution at all at all

thread hijack - why haven't 3D printers taken off the way people said they would? the 'prints' aren't sturdy enough?
I think there’s a lot of faff with them. They’re moderately popular in the wargame scene where they were supposed to “disrupt” the main games manufacturers but the expense and time sink nature of them means that the disruption is far from palpable.

Oh it's gonna kill a lot of tech dependent jobs fast, call centres are as good as gone.
Programmers wont have too long to go either.
Some stock exchange fuckery for sure.
Then there is gonna be a bit of a techy infowar deal once the western economy starts leaning on it.
Blogging and writing for hire in big bother too for sure.
It's giving me the heebie-jeebies a bit I confess, but I'm not sure I agree with any of your predictions. I hope you're wrong about the programmers bit anyway, or at least I hope "not too long" means more than 14 years ...

The racist duck is racist

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hmm I wonder how long it'd take to auto-generate a recipe blog site right now from scratch using chatGPT. Might actually be a way to make a few bob

I know a guy who spent a weekend assembling a databases of relevant terms and whatnot and then churned out a few hundred SEO perfect articles in and around a topic on word count in a few minutes using AI stuff. There wouldn't be much sense in getting a ghostwriter in to maintain corporate blogs and all that when you can just hire a guy to do that. People are already asking these AI's questions 24/7 online and marvelling at thier humanlike responses and speed. I dont see how a call centre which is already a subcontracted entity is going to be financially more attractive than say, not paying a few hundred salaries and farming it out to AI.

TLDR - this isn't about the tech being ready, it's about the shareholders being ready.

It's giving me the heebie-jeebies a bit I confess, but I'm not sure I agree with any of your predictions. I hope you're wrong about the programmers bit anyway, or at least I hope "not too long" means more than 14 years ...
Have you tried the github co-pilot thing? It's a plugin for your IDE and I think it has read everything on github. It guesses what your trying to write pretty well and you just tab to use their selection. It's pretty good, a bit like normal IDE auto-suggest stuff but on steroids. And it you think everything is great but then realise that the code is fine but it doesn't do exactly what you want. Testing might be the way to go in future...

I asked it some health questions - purple spots on my mickey and all that - and it said it can't answer those

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back