Minor Pleasures (13 Viewers)

Lads, if you stopped reading and don't wear glasses, consider getting your eyes tested.

I thought I'd lost the love for it, but it turns out that my eyes just weren't up to their old standard.
Yep, I often read without my glasses nowadays because the shape of my eyes have changed a little and I find it easier for them to focus on books without glasses. Before the last few years I wouldn't have noticed much difference reading with or without glasses except for how close I have to hold the book.

Lads, if you stopped reading and don't wear glasses, consider getting your eyes tested.

I thought I'd lost the love for it, but it turns out that my eyes just weren't up to their old standard.
I am short sighted but have to take glasses off to read - also the shine on phone screens makes it hard to read when wears specs. It's sort of like two lots of shining messing with my lenses.
But when I get rid of the glasses I can read OK.
But it has crossed my mind there might something more going on I haven't noticed.

But if I get to a part of a book I find boring or irrelevant I have very little motivation to plod through it.

Was due to get my eyes tested a few months ago and put it off because if I cannot get it done between 12-12:50 I would be stuck in my local town for 5 hours unless weather was good and I could walk 7 miles home.

No comment on the quality of what you're reading haha, but the reading with the glasses off being easier is due to how your eyes are focusing, they are finding it easier to focus with your glasses off. New glasses might help fix this, but it's not really a big deal, it's just because the shape of your eye changes naturally over time.

Tempted to start a thread called Ghosts Discussion about the Ibsen play in the Abbey just cos there are other Ghost threads
But the idea might be better than the doing of the thing

I went searching for the Major Complaints thread. Found it. Good god. I'd entirely forgotten about the time someone tried to glass me. And everyone else's complaints were MOAR. Lockdown was weird.

So I actually forgot what the major complaint was. Thanks Thumped.

The major complaint was wide band interference from the train next door btw.don't laugh, it's a thing

The first dvd I bought (taxi driver) in 1999 still plays fine.

"Are you talkin ta me?.....Ya bleedin.... geebag."

Last edited:
T pain's bizzarre cover of War Pigs

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thats absolutely class ...shoulda got Vernon Reid to do the solo

Microsoft have just released an insider preview of Phone Link for iOS so i can finally iMessage and see all my phone alerts from the PC desktop.

It can make and receive phone calls from the PC desktop too, but who does that in 2023?

Finished a four hour shift in 90 minutes. But I knew that would happen, so I turned down a shift that probably started at 23:00. I'm not doing it so I don't care if it happened or not.

But then I was left at a loose end at 19:30. What to do? Eventually I went to the pub for one pint at last orders. I got a free pint as they're cleaning the lines tonight. It was a pretty hilarious twenty minutes. Much better than just sitting at home, talking to no one.

Anita Dick & Holden Hiscock wish to register their opposition.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Senator please add Phil McCraken, Mike Hunt & Hugh Ryan to that list.

Young lad learning to cycle.. just went fully independently today
I posted it here at the time, but I watched one of my neighbours teach his kid to cycle during lockdown, because there was nothing else going on.

When the kid first went independently, oh man, I was in tears, fist pumping, like some cheesy American movie. The kid promptly crashed into a skip, but that didn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back