The Thumped Motoring Forum (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
My favourite car I ever had was a 00 D Ford Focus. Had it for 14 years, only had to bring it for an unscheduled visit to the garage once

I've been to the garage about 3 times in a fortnight, finally getting through the nct this evening after having to ditch out of work for another trip to the garage today. I think those early focus'es'es were great though, they were more or less betting the company on them being good. in all reality mine is kinda a shortened vw with a mitsubishi engine and a badge on the front that says ford.

it is comfortable though.

I've been to the garage about 3 times in a fortnight, finally getting through the nct this evening after having to ditch out of work for another trip to the garage today. I think those early focus'es'es were great though, they were more or less betting the company on them being good. in all reality mine is kinda a shortened vw with a mitsubishi engine and a badge on the front that says ford.

it is comfortable though.

Everyone seemed to love them
I think they're gonna stop making them soon
Everyone wants SUVs and Rangers

I'm strongly thinking of ditching the Corolla and getting an estate.
Be better for hauling paint and step ladders. And a big ladder on the roofrack

I may even get a Merc!

The thing with estates lately is that they have been going down a bit as people get more into the SUVs
You might get a good deal on a Merc. Or Volvo or Saab.
Some fecking lovely Passat estates out there too.

Decent roof rack up top and you're on a winner.

My Dad had a Ford Cortina MK III estate when were kids. I love them.

The thing with estates lately is that they have been going down a bit as people get more into the SUVs
You might get a good deal on a Merc. Or Volvo or Saab.
Some fecking lovely Passat estates out there too.

Decent roof rack up top and you're on a winner.
Yeah,and vans are stupid money. Plus.. fuck driving a van on your day off . I want a bit of comfort

I had a volvo estate before..gave me trouble and the parts were dear

I'm thinking skoda

Oh fuck BMWs

What have you married into?

My condolences
he currently has a long wheelbase 7 series. i've not mentioned to him that two people have said to me 'and he's ok with people assuming he's a chauffeur?' - because the LD series is basically aimed at the limo market. i've seen smaller cargo ships.

he currently has a long wheelbase 7 series. i've not mentioned to him that two people have said to me 'and he's ok with people assuming he's a chauffeur?' - because the LD series is basically aimed at the limo market. i've seen smaller cargo ships.

Like the 735iL/750iL or something?
I see lads driving Maybachs the odd time and it's the same thing - they're cars meant to be driven in
Lads can't help themselves buying the biggest one of something.

Guilty of this myself in other areas at times, if I'm honest.
Buying a fecking horse of a drill or some other power tool that I will only need for one or two projects. Like I need the most torque or whatever

I assume the depreciation on most new cars is gonna be huge?

petrol / diesel wont be too attractive second hand.
hybrid will look at bit clunky in 3-4 years.
electrics will have much better range/batteries and this generation will be a bit of blip?

not these days, secondhand cars have gone up in price; loads of stories of waiting lists etc. for new cars. my FIL was told three months for his and i've heard for some electric cars it's a year.

when i say 'practical' i mean the boot space primarily.
the rear wiper motor went in both cars i have owned. they seem to be known for that.
I wouldnt be overly concerned about that., as long as I have wing mirrors . That seems like a pretty minor thing to go wrong and probably fixable DIY.

As long as the engines are good I'm happy . I did read they need a long spin periodically to blow the soot off the egr . I don't tend to be driving very far so would have to increase my road trips

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back