What gig did you go to last night? (5 Viewers)

Dry Cleaning in Vicar st. Excellent.
Although I didn't think the sound was particularly good.

Dry Cleaning in Vicar st. Excellent.
Although I didn't think the sound was particularly good.
Didn’t know they were playing. Saw them in Button factory this time last year. It was my first post Covid gig. I enjoyed them.

Went to see Goatwhore and Revocation in Whelan’s last night. They were both deadly.

I'd say they're a hard band to mix live, getting that low spoken vocal at a decent level above the rockin' out band
Yeah that was certainly a factor although you'd expect a skilled foh man to be able to figure that out . She was unintelligible, which was a shame. I wanted to hop on the desk and do some eq moves.
Also,the bass was flabby sounding. I didn't particularly like the way the majority of the sound seemed to be emanating from the overhead line arrays .
I think the Notting Hill Carnival may have ruined me for sub par sound elsewhere.

But it was a good gig. Yer man is some guitarist. Supports were good too. My legs were done by Dry Cleanings encore,I rather hoped they wouldn't come back out. You know you're getting old thread.

Did anyone show up with a bag of clothes to be washed?

Why would ya turn up to a dry cleaning gig with a bag of clothes to be washed? Much better idea to bring the good suit and get it dry cleaned. If they offer a dry cleaning service that is.

Why would ya turn up to a dry cleaning gig with a bag of clothes to be washed? Much better idea to bring the good suit and get it dry cleaned. If they offer a dry cleaning service that is.

Fair enough. Its a good idea though. Its tough for bands to make a living these days.

It's a size too big, and I'm not sure if it describes me, but maybe it does, seeing as how my life has gone. And it's pronounced "Keltic", rather than "Seltic" in this case.

Anyway I did want to throw a few quid towards some lads who played a free gig for our benefit. It took a trek across three different "out of service" càsh machines to get the cash to buy something off them.

Your ma does not have this t-shirt.

Attachments

• IMG_20230225_235511.jpg
    IMG_20230225_235511.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
DAAAAAMO

That was great, fuck yiz.

I met a bunch of people who I'd crossed paths with before, but I didn't remember when or where I'd met them. But it was really cool, this isn't such a cold impersonal place really. None of them were Irish, but shur it's all good.

One guy bought me a vodka and said "I did Kung Fu with you in East London!"
No, I think we met in the pub, I do know your face.thanks for the vodka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back