Cancelled (4 Viewers)

Bbc really dropped the ball here. Having fun this morning insulting snivelling tories and bbc presenters on twitter
Football Focus has been cancelled today (G'wan Alex Scott) along w/ Final Score (w/ Jason Mohammad) this afternoon both due to presenters and pundits solidarity with Lineker.
Also no players will be interviewed on MOTD today either.

Will be be interesting to see how today develops...

MOTD on now.
No intro, no commentary, no pundits etc.

And you're WATCHING IT??!

Cancelled mate.
Actually seriously this could affect my work if it goes on. Hopefully the English will get back to abusing each other for arbitrary reasons soon.

Mad football bants thusfar:

Attachments

• IMG-20230311-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230311-WA0003.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20230311-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230311-WA0000.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 19
Interesting continuation of this whole Gary Liniker* thing. Apparently they used the crowd noise recording they used during Covid yesterday, probably mixed with a bit of live crowd noise. Couldn't just rely on actual crowd noise, too much effing and jeffing.

They can get an intern to throw together a highlights show, the actual (more expensive) people who make the show what it is are, or will be, losing out. Not to mention all the people who do all the things behind the camera in the physical studio. Many are staff for sure, but many are freelancers or agency staff.
It raises a lot of questions about how or what MOTD is anyway. That's for another post.

Also, MOTD viewership went up from two million to two and a half million. I guess people were just curious.

*reference: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq8uiOLXoAUnaYh?format=jpg&name=large

If it continues will it just turn into sky/other tv station buying the team of presenters and making a similar show next season, only for them to return to the bbc for pensions a few years later rte style

I was editing my post, when you posted a very similar post.

EDIT: or at least, edited to include a thought that is in the same line as your post.

Interesting continuation of this whole Gary Liniker* thing. Apparently they used the crowd noise recording they used during Covid yesterday, probably mixed with a bit of live crowd noise. Couldn't just rely on actual crowd noise, too much effing and jeffing.

They can get an intern to throw together a highlights show, the actual (more expensive) people who make the show what it is are, or will be, losing out. Not to mention all the people who do all the things behind the camera in the physical studio. Many are staff for sure, but many are freelancers or agency staff.
It raises a lot of questions about how or what MOTD is anyway. That's for another post.

Also, MOTD viewership went up from two million to two and a half million. I guess people were just curious.

*reference: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq8uiOLXoAUnaYh?format=jpg&name=large
suspected that - the crowd reaction was very covid-y (wasn't in tandem with the action on pitch).

it's in BBC's interest to end this quickly and it will largely be on Lineker and the crew's terms.

So that's it? The communists have won?
reading some strange things about this.

I've always regarded The BBC as an entity, as in the upper echelons, as being a bunch of generally old school center-right Tories. I thought that was generally accepted. Reading through this Linekar bollocks I kept running into the idea that the BBC had a well known left leaning bias. Obviously reality is bent beyond recognition at this point, post fact era. Seeing this repeated around... I dunno.

Like, seeing this, seeing stories like the fact it seems very likely that US special ops types took out NordStram2 vanish because they might be inconvenient, etc, you can see why people disengage completely and end up in conspiracy land. These chisel blows into reality have an effect, even if you know they're out with their chisels.

reading some strange things about this.

I've always regarded The BBC as an entity, as in the upper echelons, as being a bunch of generally old school center-right Tories. I thought that was generally accepted. Reading through this Linekar bollocks I kept running into the idea that the BBC had a well known left leaning bias. Obviously reality is bent beyond recognition at this point, post fact era. Seeing this repeated around... I dunno.

Like, seeing this, seeing stories like the fact it seems very likely that US special ops types took out NordStram2 vanish because they might be inconvenient, etc, you can see why people disengage completely and end up in conspiracy land. These chisel blows into reality have an effect, even if you know they're out with their chisels.

I always thought the BBC were accused of being biased to the people you were opposed to
You're a Tory, they're a rats nest of Soviet vipers
A leftie, and they're the publicity wing of the Conservative party
It's all in the beholder's view it seems to me
Like Lineker or more especially that Fiona Bruce thing.

People on either side cannot abide anything other than what they fully agree with being broadcast.

Where it gets to conspiracy sites, is people read one thing in the Guardian/Economist/Telegraph/BBC that they disapprove of, and they say "these fuckers are captive to the hard right/woke left" and I'm never reading again.
And off they go to the internet or Russia Today or GBTV or wherever and they can feel ensconced in certitude. It's childish to my view.

Only the closed mind is certain.

seems there's a bunch of leaked whatsapp messages which suggest the BBC was dancing to number 10's tune to some extent.

There's probably an institutional drift towards whoever is in power, in spite of the beeb's "independence" the government is ultimately, AFAIK, the one who make the appointments. And after 13 years of unbroken Tory rule in the UK that institutional drift has really gone a long way.

There's probably an institutional drift towards whoever is in power, in spite of the beeb's "independence" the government is ultimately, AFAIK, the one who make the appointments. And after 13 years of unbroken Tory rule in the UK that institutional drift has really gone a long way.

I don't think so. Every politician has the right to say "I don't like what that journalist said", or "don't say 'lockdown'", or whatever. And every editor or whatever should say "you can say that, sue us if you really disagree with it", and back up their journalists. So, would the BBC have gotten sued by anyone for what Lineker originally said? Would they have gotten sued for saying "lockdown" after it had already entered the lexicon?

I think it has a lot more to do with the top echelons of BBC not knowing how to navigate their behemoth of an organisation in the modern media world. And also tories being cunts, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back